Fix You

“Kanaya, please go to the library.

I'll be waiting for you there.” -Rose

I read the words written in her beautiful script six times, then went on my way.

It seemed really odd for Rose to require of my presence in the meteor's library, since we usually just go everywhere together. Nonetheless, it felt nice to think about things to myself while I am alone. Don't get me wrong, It's not that I feel uncomfortable now that Rose is always with me, but there are times when I think of things too much and actually end up worrying Rose with my expressions. Though she wouldn't really say put loud she was worried, I could tell because she would talk a lot. Probably so I could forget whatever was bothering me.

Anyway, it's been a long time since our matespritship has been established, and another long while that she stopped drinking her soporifics.

Seeing her sober and quite snooty again makes me think about... things.

But I try to ignore it and not say anything to Rose as to not move forward quickly. And besides, I am far too shy to open up the subject with her. I couldn't help a blush though, as I wondered what would happen if I did...

“Kanaya, is something wrong?”

Oh!” My blush deepened as I look at Rose's eyes watching me. I had been so absorbed with my thoughts that I had not noticed I was already at my destination. “What?”I tried to shake off the images in my head. “No. It's... It's Nothing, Rose.” I mustered a small smile. Good grief, Maryam. Now she would really know something was going on. You and your unskilled lying ability. “So Um, What Is Up?”

She smiled at my human phrase. “A few days ago, I've noticed this old phonograph here in the library and realized we have not been exposed to much music, except for Dave's raps which are almost in the boundaries of good poetry.”

I chuckled and nodded.

“So, I've alchemized a couple records that contain my favorite songs and had invited you to hear them with me.”

I looked at her clothes. Only now had I realized she was wearing that god tier dress she wore when she first kissed me. My eyebrows pulled together with sadness.

“Kanaya?”

“Your Dress.”

“What about it?” she actually looked worried. That I wouldn't approve? Oh, Rose.

“I Presume You Wore It For This Special Occasion Like That Time We Had A Date. And I Did Not Know About It Again, So I Came With My Usual Clothes Again. I Feel Sad That You Took The Time To Dress Up Elegantly.”

“It was my choice to wear this, Kanaya. Don't get so worked up about it. And I just wanted to listen to music and dance with you. It's no big deal.”

That made me even more sad. “But... I Do Not Know How To.” I truly wished I did. Rose told me before about human things like dancing with someone you really like and I had actually practiced one time in my respiteblock when she was sleeping, though I didn't really know if I was doing any good and felt silly dancing alone, so I stopped and forgot all about it.

“Don't worry, dear. It's not about being good at it,” she held a vinyl record and put it on the phonograph, then came closer and placed her hands at my shoulders. My skin glowed at the touch. “It's about dancing with you.” she smiled.