Vindicated

"So you do dig her?" I asked Kanaya while I wiggled my eyebrows. We were back in the meteor's library after we took drunk Rose back in her room after their date.

"Dave, Please." she had looked the other way, but not before I saw her blush.

"So how was it?"

She turned her head and cocked an eyebrow at me. "How Was What."

"Kissing a Rose Lalonde?"

Her skin glowed brightly. I couldn't help a sneer. Haha. She was fucking green all over, too. Oh, man. Girls.

"It Was All Right." she fidgeted and held her hands while looking down.

"Just all right? Dude, don't play down low with me. You know you liked it. Heck, maybe you liked it so much you could've bought daisies and threw it in the air while you fucking danced in circles."

"I Admit It Was A Rather Magnificent Experience But I Would Appreciate It If We Didn't Talk About It That Much. Also, What Are Daisies?"

I shook my head. "Kanaya, bro, you know you wanna talk about it. Getting smooched by a Lalonde ain't no funny business. Don't you wanna know if she really digs you too?"

She thought about it. Then spoke, "You Did Not Answer My Question What Are Daisies."

I sighed. "It's a fucking flower. Listen, I'm trying to help you out here, you got that? There's no one else here that knows Rose like I do. Well, just a little. The girl's mysterious as fuck. Kinda like me, but I know her enough."

She nodded and seemed to be listening. She'd better be. There was another reason why I wanted to talk about Rose. Maybe I'll tell Kanaya before I leave her to think about things.

"Ask me," I prompted.

"What?"

"Ask me anything. About her, of course. The things that you don't already know." They spent every time together. I wonder if there were things Kanaya still didn't know about Rose.

She bit down on her lip and it made me wonder what my sister saw in her. Kanaya was nice and all, maybe she was pretty too, but I still didn't understand anything about fucking matespritship that Rose was blabbering about.

"Has She Ever Had Flushed Feelings For Someone?"

"You mean besides you?"

She blushed. "Um, Yes?" She was fucking unsure. Hoo boy.

"Not that I know of. Just you. I bet that made your fucking day, huh?"

She didn't answer me. Just smiled down at the floor.

"Can I ask you something?"

Her eyes looked at me softly.

"What's a goddam 'matesprit', and why did you pick her?" I asked. "I mean, you went on a date once and it didn't even lead to making out..."

"You Think That Is What's Supposed To Happen In A Matespritship?"

I frowned. "No. I told you, man. I dunno anything about these things."

"It Is Actually Kind Of Complicated To Explain."

"Oh." I looked away.

"But I Will Try, I Guess." she chuckled. "Perhaps If I Say It To You Now You Would Not Understand For I Presume You Have Not Developed Flushed Feelings Towards Someone Yet?"

"Well, no. Not really. I think." How come the topic suddenly turned to me? I grumbled.

"Someday, You Will Understand I Bet. Of Course You Will. Because One Cannot Really Live His Or Her Life By Being An Incomplete Stranger Forever. That Would Surely Cause Problems And Grief And Perhaps-"