Chapter 1

A/N: The song for this chapter is I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy. I chose the lyrics video because the official video has bad words at the beginning, for those of you who don't like that in music.

Cover on the side is by TwinCity1518 and the current cover is by Lana_sky.

Chapter 1

"Mr. Jones, please!" I cried, trying to calm him.

"You lying b*tch! My people have not stepped over your precious boundaries in centuries!" he roared.

"Did you just call me a liar? That's impossible, idiot! I cannot tell a lie!" Lady Alice screeched.

"Mr. Jones, Lady Alice, please keep your voices down. Let's all just sit and-" I was cut off as Damian Jones, leader of the vampire nation, bared his teeth and snarled.

"Don't call me idiot, Tinker Bell!" he hissed, spit flying from his mouth. Lady Alice, Queen of the Faeries, calmly wiped a few drops from her cheek and leaned forward, opening her mouth.

"Id-i-ot" The voice came not from Lady Alice, but from Charles Kim, King of the Warlocks. Everyone, including me, froze. Then-

Chaos.

"You're an idiot, plain and simple." Kim said.

"You bastard!"

"I agree with Charlie. You're a disgrace and a menace." Lady Alice had decided (wrongly) that she should put in her two cents.

"Look who's talking, b*tch!" said Jones.

"I wouldn't be casting stones, Alice." said Kim.

"How dare you!" she leapt to her feet, her eyes glowing purple and white.

I snapped. I mean, three days of constant arguing made me break. Can you blame me?

"Shut it!" I yelled jumping up between them. "You!" I pointed to Mr. Jones. "Sit your ass down. And you two!" I pointed to Lady Alice and King Kim. "Stop antagonizing the vampire, because we all know who he's gonna go after for blood. Me!" My cheeks were flushed and my heart was beating wildly, but I was on a roll.

"I have had it! I can't believe you call yourselves leaders! You sit here day after day accusing each other of stupid, silly things. So what if a vampire crossed the boundaries? Did said vampire attack any of your people?" The question was directed at Lady Alice.

"Well, no-"

"So what's the damn problem? Until one of the vampires actually damages someone or something, don't be threatening full on war! And, King Kim, may I ask just what you think you're doing insulting two Supernatural nations? No answer, huh? That's what I thought. I cannot believe you people have the audacity to sit there and act like children instead of the leaders you should be! What the heck is wrong with you?"

Silence. Then-

Laughter?

Charles Kim, was laughing so hard, he was doubled over. I looked over and saw Mr. Jones smiling huge, and Lady Alice trying not to.

"What?" I asked. No one answered. "What!" I yelled.

"You passed." Came a deep voice from behind me.

I slowly turned to meet the eyes of Ryker Moran, King of the Werewolves. Bad-ass hottie to beat all bad-ass hotties. His delicious lips were pulled into a half-grin, his eyes glittering sexily-

Whoa there, Montgomery. Slow down.

"Excuse me?" I asked, trying to regain my composure.

"You passed the test." He slowly peeled himself away from the door frame. The muscles showcased by his skintight black t-shirt performed deliciously, flexing and bunching with the simple movement. It was no wonder many women, human and Supernatural alike, drooled at the sight of him.

Stop it, Montgomery. Focus.

I struggled to remember what he had said last and when I finally did, I was confused.

"I don't understand. What test?"

"I'm terribly sorry, my dear. We've been testing you these past few days, to see if you were worthy of the position of diplomat." Said Warren Kim. "We were afraid that because of your youth you would be gullible and a push over. We are glad to see that we were wrong."

"You've been testing me." The words came out slowly and deliberately.

The stress of the last couple of days washed over me, leaving me breathless. I collapsed into my chair.

Breathe, Faye. Just breathe.

"You mean to tell me that we've wasted three days of negotiations so you could test me?" My voice was surprisingly calm.

"That is what we said." Mr. Jones said testily, oblivious to the storm coming.

"I can't believe this..." I whispered brokenly. This wasn't okay. I was exhausted, depressed, overworked, out of my league, and these Supernatural leaders were playing with me?

I burst out laughing. It was either that or cry.

The Faery Queen, Werewolf King, Warlock King, and vampire coven leader all flinched at the harshness of my laughter.

"So, let me get this straight. As of three days ago, I became diplomat to the Supernatural nations, because my father died." I looked around the room. Lady Alice hesitantly nodded, possibly sensing my fury. "I have been in this very room trying to be a diplomat, while missing funeral preparations and comforting my grieving mother like a child should do, while you played with me. And not to mention, my recognition ceremony, and graduation all post-poned, because you all insisted that I be here to discuss important matters?!" The last part was a screech.

"Ms. Montgomery-" Lady Alice started.

"Quiet, b*tch." My voice was whisper- soft. Lethal.

"I have a home to go to, a mother to comfort, a bed to toss and turn in and a father to say good-bye to for the last time. When I am ready, I will be back and we will discuss matters that need attention. Am I understood?" Hesitant nods. "Until I am ready to return, I will not be contacted for anything short of war. Got it?"

I spun on my heel and yanked open the solid gold-handled door, my insanely high heels clicking on the tile floor. I yanked out the pins in my hair, letting it fall loose down my back. I was done.

Watch, out Supers. Montgomery's on the warpath.

*****

Vote?

Comment?

Please?