Chapter 4

A/N- I must apologize for not updating but family comes first and I have had several issues to handle. To be honest, for awhile I forgot I had written a story on Wattpad. I cannot promise that I will be updating often because I may not be able to keep that promise. Sorry and here is the next chapter.

Chapter 4

"Breathe, goddammit!"

I didn't want to.

"Faye Montgomery, don't you dare leave me!"

Why couldn't I sleep?

"We're losing her."

Why couldn't they go away so I could sleep?

"That's my baby! Please help her!"

Just. Go. Away.

"Faye, listen to me. You need to wake up. Today is not your day to die."

"Just leave me alone." I mumbled.

"Ah, she's awake. Chaece, please get Mrs. Montgomery to her hotel room. Make sure she forgets about this."

I jerked my eyes open and stared into the gorgeous violet eyes peering down at me. We stared for what seemed like hours before I saw his mouth smile in relief.

I couldn't look away. He was beautiful, so beautiful he couldn't possibly be human. I then concluded that since he didn't have super pale skin, or fangs but was absolutely stunning with perfect features, he had to be fey.

I then realized he was holding the upper half of my body in his lap. I quickly untangled myself and stood. As soon as I did, I felt dizzy and nauseous. I stumbled and almost fell, but he caught me. Somehow he had stood with inhuman speed.

"Um, thanks." I said, trying not to look at him. I could hear the smile still on his face when he replied, "You're welcome."

He settled his hands on my waist and I forced myself to look at his nose, that was still perfect, and disgustingly beautiful. How can a nose be beautiful? How?

"I'm Ringer."

"Uh," Jeez, Faye, stop staring at hot guys! "I'm Faye." I whispered.

"I know. Your mom was screaming your name in my ear." He was still smiling. Stop it, Ringer.

"What happened?"

"You got bit by something. Right here," He brought his hand up to rest on the side of my throat. I hurt a little when he touched it.

It was then I remembered. I had been attacked. After my dad's funeral. This was the perfect ending to an already awful day.

"Miss Faye, if you will allow me, I must direct you to safety. " He bowed and held out his hand.

"Where would 'safety' be?" I asked. I knew from my dad that almost every faery had an ulterior motive, even when they were being kind.

"I assure you, you will be safe." He refused to meet my eyes. Suspicious.

"Answer my question first." Did he really think I would give in that easily?

"I'm afraid I cannot." then before I could blink he was on me, wrapping me with his earthly magic making me fall into a deep slumber. Again.