Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I had nearly passed through the doors to freedom, when Ryker Moran caught up with me. Great, just great.

"Faye, stop!" he demanded.

For some stupid reason, I did.

"What the hell do you want?" I spat, turning around.

"A moment, please. Faye, I'm so-"

"Save it." For some reason I was captured by his eyes. Ever since I first met him three days ago, he'd been constantly on my mind, when I wasn't playing peace-maker for Supernatural leaders, that is.

He knew I found him attractive too. Every time I caught his eye, they would show his amusement. He would ask me questions when he found me staring at him, so he could smirk at my attempts to answer without making a fool of myself. I didn't know what was wrong with me, seeing as I hadn't ever been so hung up on a boy before. Ryker wasn't a boy, though, he was a man. In human years he was about 700 years old.

"Faye," he murmured. It was sexy, the way he said my name, almost like he was sighing in content. He reached up and pulled a curl away from my face. His hand accidentally brushed against my cheek and I reared back as if he shocked me.

Which, in a way he did. I can't accurately describe how I felt in that moment. A mixture of pleasure and happiness, ecstasy and pain. My heart soared and beat a fast-paced tattoo in my chest. My skin tingled, my hands shook. I ached to touch him. I needed him. Minutes, hours, years passed and all I could think about was Ryker.

As he ran his hands down my waist. As he lifted me against the wall and I wrapped my legs around him. As we kissed and touched, discovered and indulged.

I hummed with the pleasure of- 

Of what? I had no idea what was happening to me.

I looked up, gasping. I had been daydreaming. Ryker was watching me, his face showing an emotion I couldn't read. Was it guilt? Then it was gone, replaced by an unreadable mask.

I caught my breath and blinked a few times as the feelings died down some what, but never completely went away. I couldn't understand why I felt so good, but so lonely. I wanted Ryker's hand back on my skin.

"Are you quite finished?" Ryker asked. I stared up at him, speechless. What had crawled up his ass and died?

"What was that?" I breathed, my voice low and husky. Ryker's eyes flashed.

"What was what?"

I pushed a piece of hair out of my eyes as my skin flushed at hearing his voice. What was wrong with me? "You know damn well what happened." I knew he did, dammit. 

"Are you feeling all right?" He asked, his voice anything but concerned. Yeah, more like annoyed. "You look ill. Perhaps you should be on your way."

I brushed off his not so concerned attitude. "Listen, I really think-"

"Oh, really. You do?"

Ouch. I just barely stopped myself from flinching.

"Something just happened." I said quietly. "Don't tell me you didn't feel any of that."

He blew out a quick breath and ran his hand through his hair in a short, jerky motion. His eyes kept flashing some emotion and if I didn't know better, I'd say it was longing.

"You don't understand. You never will. Let it be, Faye." And with that, he stalked off. Despite how shocked and frustrated I was, I couldn't help but admire his ass in his jeans. His long-sleeved thermal hugged his shoulders and made the muscles stick out more. Stop it, Faye.

Why had he acted so weird? Why did I feel so strangely when he touched me? What does he taste like? 

All these questions, sadly would go unanswered for the time being. It was time for me to go home and bury my dead father.

A/N: Hello, sorry for not posting in awhile!! I know I change covers a lot, I just really like them!!! Anyway, one of my favorite authors, Lana_sky, made me a couple covers. One, is the current cover, I have up, and the other is the one on the side. Aren't they gorgeous?

So if you're looking for a cover, go check out these graphic makers, because they are the bomb. They all have threads that you can request on: ombredelemort, TwinCity1518, and Chocolo3r. See ya!!