Chapter 4

Dipper wakes up to the sound of the door slamming shut downstairs. He glances at the clock. Eleven thirty in the morning. Mabel must be home. Dipper sits up slowly, yawning a bit and stretching his arms. He slides out of bed and makes his way downstairs.

Mabel spots him and smiles warmly. "Morning, bro bro!" she says. She scans him up and down, laughing softly. "You look tired. What did you do, stay up all night reading?" she asks.

"Uhh, yeah. That's what I did." Dipper replies, rubbing the back of his neck.

Mabel crosses her arms and huffs. "Dipper, you're a terrible liar. What actually happened last night?" she asks.

Dipper sighs. "I told you, I was reading." he lies.

Mabel shakes her head. "That's not what happened. What actually happened? Did it have to do with Bill?" She raises a brow.

Dipper nods slowly. "It...it did..." he whispers.

"I knew it." Mabel huffs. "What happened?"

Dipper rubs the back of his neck. "Well, he uhh...he tried to...he wanted to..." he stutters.

Mabel nods slowly. "I-I get it..." she whispers. "But you guys didn't do anything, right? N-nothing happened?"

Dipper quickly shakes his head. "No, nothing happened. But...but he said he'd be back." he replies, whispering the last part.

Mabel sighs. "I'm sure everything will be fine. Just...just be careful." she says.

Dipper nods slowly. "Of course." he replies, his voice semi-hushed.

Mabel gives her brother a soft smile. "Good. Now I'm gonna go upstairs and unpack my stuff." she says.

Dipper smiles back a bit and nods.

Mabel makes her way upstairs to their bedroom.

Dipper rubs his forehead, sighing. "I need to get my mind off of things..." he mumbles to himself. He walks out onto the porch, hands in his pockets, and sits on the couch. Dipper looks down at the ground when suddenly, a shadow comes over him. He slowly looks up seeing, of course, Bill. He sighs again. "What do you want?" he asks, his voice slightly hushed.

Bill smirks. "I told you I'd be back, Pine Tree~"

Dipper rolls his eyes. "Okay...and?" he asks, raising a brow.

Bill leans in closer, as though he is going to kiss Dipper, but he doesn't.

Dipper bites his lip, his face heating up slightly as he looks at Bill. He lets out a soft grunt before grabbing Bill by the shirt and pulling him into a kiss. Dipper pulls away after a few moments. "Dang it, Bill...don't lean in like that if you're not planning on kissing me..." he mumbles.

Bill smirks again, looking at Dipper.

Dipper sighs, looking down. "You were right, Bill..." he whispers. "I do have feelings for you..."

Bill laughs quietly. "Of course I'm right, kid. Are you forgetting I can read minds?" A smirk is still plastered across his face.

"Crap..." Dipper mumbles under his breath, his cheeks now tinted with a light shade of red. He slowly looks up a Bill. "So...are we a thing now?" he asks in almost a whisper.

Bill smiles a bit at the boy. "Would you like us to be?"

Dipper bites his lip, nodding slowly.