13

I heard a loud groan coming from the bedroom and I stood up from my seat. For the past ten minutes, all I could do was sit at the kitchen table and panic in my head. I couldn't even comprehend what Joonmyun was saying.

"I'll go check on him," I mumbled when I nearly knocked over the wooden chair.

Joonmyun grabbed my wrist, making me whip my head around to look at him with urgency. "No, Sookyung's taking care of him."

I tried to pry my arm away, insisting that I go to Jongin. "I can help, too. He's my responsibility."

Joonmyun pushed me against the wall and I squeezed my eyes shut when the back of my head hit the hard surface. That was going to leave a bruise. "A weak little girl can help, you say?" He pinned my hands above my head and inched his face towards mine until I could smell the saccharine scent of chocolate.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" I tried to slide out from underneath but his fingers wrapped tightly around my wrists.

Joonmyun snarled and my whole view on him changed. What I thought looked like an angel was now a demon. "You're the one who brought this upon yourself and your brother."

I went against all that I was taught as a child and spat in his face. "What are you talking about?"

He barely noticed what I had done as he continued speaking in a low voice. "You were supposed to drink your share but instead, you handed the whole thing to your brother." He put a hand on my hips and his legs prevented mine from kicking around. "You gave him two doses of sedatives and now you're going to experience this with none."

"Sedatives?" I tried to remember if my tutor had ever taught me that word but I couldn't. "And what experience?"

"This, little girl." Then I felt his lips on my neck.

I whipped my head to the side, as far as I could go with my arms in the way. "Get off me!" I screamed and writhed under his hold. "Jongin!" I needed his help more than ever now. More than when the mother bear was behind me and more than when the soldiers were around me. I felt truly in danger at this point.

"He can't hear you, dear, and he won't hear you for a while. We were planning to knock him out for just a little while but you ended up giving him twice the amount he was supposed to have. I have no idea when he's going to wake up." The side of his lip lifted up in what I assumed was a smile. "I guess that's a good thing."

"Sookyung! Help!" I called when I felt Joonmyun's hand roaming freely on its own. How could she not hear my screams by now?

His lips met my ear. "My wife has a little toy of her own to take care of. She won't be of any assistance either."

"What?" I froze for a second, not understand what I was hearing. "What do you mean by that?"

He rolled his eyes before diving in for the skin at my neck. "Just having a bit of fun with your brother like how I'm having fun with you. Now, if only you'd stop struggling."

My fury built up. How could such generous people turn malicious like this? I tried to think of some motives but there was no time. Jongin was stuck in that room and unlike me, he was defenseless.

I stored up all my energy and pulled my hands down as hard as I could. Joonmyun was caught off guard and I took that moment to push him back against the table, knocking over the glassware. Before he could get up, I pulled out the knife that was strapped to my leg.

"Don't make me use this," I threatened. I didn't want him to make me use it because I wasn't sure if I could.

Joonmyun didn't care for what I said because I had angered him by pushing him away. He launched back up and grabbed me by the shoulders. "A little thing like you wielding a thing like that is pitiful."