Chapter 1

"I can't believe you Derek!" I was fuming, "You expect me! A werewolf, and a Hale none-the-less to travel to some tiny remote little town and hide! What happened to 'We're Hales, we don't back down. We never hide. And we definitely don't run.'?" I could feel the tears of anger and frustration begin to pool in my eyes, "And that's not even the worst part is it, Der?" my voice grew softer and deathly calm "You expect me to not only run, but to stay with a Argent, a hunter. Someone who was literally raised to kill us." I seethed at him. My older brother who is supposed to protect me from the big, bad hunter is the one sending me with him for what? My so called 'protection' well he can shove his help up his furry little ass.

"You know exactly why I am doing this," Derek's green eyes bored into mine, "if there where any other way to keep you safe, you know I would. This is my last hope. I can't lose you." His voice cracked at the end, I mean I did understand where he was coming from, there is only 4 Hales left, well 5 if you count Malia but still, we can't lose anymore of us. I sighed defeatedly.

"I know Der, it's just," a few tears trickled down my face, "I can't lose you. You're all I have left." I whimpered softly, Cora scoffed "What about me?" she snapped, "What about you? We all thought you where dead until a few months ago." I sassed but, "And me?" questioned Peter, "Like you're much better," I rolled my eyes, "In case you forgot you ripped Laura to bits, and then tried to kill me." I ignored Cora and Peter, I can't even think of them as family anymore.

*Honk, Honk*

"I guess that's Argent." I whispered softly, my eyes where glued to the concrete floor of Derek's loft, quickly and swiftly I grabbed my bags and headed for the door, I was descending the stair case when I felt a familiar hand grasp my shoulder, turning me and around and pulling me into a tight, comforting hug. "I'm only a phone call away. You need anything, anything at all and I'll be there okay? Be careful, I love you Boo." I heard Derek softly whisper in my ear, "I love you too Kitty. I'm just going to miss you so much." I sobbed into his chest, "I know Boo, I'll miss you too. But I'm coming up in a few weeks to check up on you." He slowly pulled away when we heard a throat clear behind us.

I looked up seeing Argent, he nodded towards Derek before grabbing my stuff and taking it out too his signature black SUV. Climbing into the car I willed myself not to cry, I prayed for the strength to stay strong if not for me than for Derek, Scott, Stiles, and Lydia. And that is exactly what I did.

The car ride was awkward and silent. Isaac tried to get us talking a few times but his attempts kept getting shut down with snide remarks or one word answers. It wasn't until we had been driving for three or so hours before Argent finally cracked and made a little scene.

"Look I know you don't like me, and you don't have to, but you do need to at least pretend like you like me. And we all need to work together to make ourselves appear like a normal happy family. Got it?" He stated more than asked, I murmured back an agreement, "Good. Now let's get to know each other and work on our cover story."

~~~My name is Nevaeh Hale and I just moved to La Push with a family friend, most of my family passed away in a fire almost 10 years ago now and the few that survived are unable to take care of me. Chris is like a father to me, he took me in and helped me when I had no one else to turn to~~~

~~~Hi I'm Isaac, I am a friend of Nevaeh's, we attended Beacon Hills High School together. I grew up with just my father, my mother passed away when I was a child and my older brother died in war, my father turned to alcohol and became abusive, Chris was already looking after Nevaeh and his own daughter but he had a spare room and took me in. A few weeks later my dad committed suicide the note reading that he was sorry for what he had done to me and for all that he had lost.~~~

~~~Hello, I'm Chris Argent, these two are my adopted 'children', we moved here recently because our home town held to much grief, we have all suffered loss there. Nea lost most of her family, Isaac became and orphan, I lost my wife, sister, father and daughter all in less than a year. We needed to go somewhere away from Beacon Hill, some where small and secluded and this is where our hopes brought us.~~~

This was the start of a new chapter and I just hoped it would be better than the last