~Five~

•BARRY•

"Wait, Barry!" She exclaimed, "She's gone, the sighting was fifteen minutes ago."

"Well then why didn't you call me fifteen minutes ago!"

"Because," she paused, "She stopped an armed burglary, by the same people as last time. She saved the peoples lives, Barry, and I wasn't going to send you to stop her from doing that. The criminals are now in custody, having been found tied together on scene. She's a hero, Barry, just like you. I'm not having her locked up in our meta-prison if she's on our side."

I stopped all motion at the new information. 'She's just like me.' I thought, 'And in more ways than just her super-human abilities.'

"Caitlin can you do something for me?" I ask her, having come up with an idea to find out who this meta-girl is, and why she is helping my city.

"Sure Barry, anything. Why? What's up?" She replies quickly, her whole demeanor having changed from the defensive tone she used only moments before.

"I need to know the next time Central City Police are called in for something remotely serious, chances are they won't be the only ones rushing to arrive on scene." With the pause on the other end I know Caitlin completely understands what I'm meaning by this, and I can only hope she'll go along with it.

"Barry, I-"

"No, Caitlin listen. I need to at least know who this girl is, otherwise how can I be sure she won't hurt anybody or herself. Look, we need to know what she's capable of. If it was to be discovered she wasn't on our side, who knows what she could do?" By now I'm exaggerating my point by waving my arms, seeming frantic about the situation. I need to know now, I can't just pretend she doesn't exist.

"Okay, fine Barry. But don't expect me to be entirely enthusiastic about this." Caitlin finally gives in, and I sigh in relief before hanging up my phone and going to take a step forward. My actions are ceased when a blur appears from the alleyway to my left, and a seemingly young woman is standing before me, bleeding and unfocused. We lock eyes for a second as I open my mouth to get a word out, but she collapses, unconscious.

I drop to my knees next to the girl, and immediately check for a pulse on her neck. It's weak, but it's there, so I call the first person I can think of- which also happens to be the last person I talked to- Caitlin. After all, she has helped me with injuries an incredible amount of times.

When my phone begins playing the pre-recorded voicemail message, I decide to hurry up and just get this over with, bending over the girl and placing my left arm under her knees, my right finding it's way around her back. Within seconds I'm on my feet and rushing to STAR Labs. Normally my first reaction would be to get a person to the hospital, but seeing as she just appeared from the alley with an inhumane amount of speed, I knew STAR Labs I better equipped to handle her injuries. I guess my "idea" won't be needed anymore, seeing as how the "guardian angel" is lying unconscious in my arms.

•~•

It's been two hours since I carried an unconscious meta-human into STAR Labs, and she was now laying on the same bed I woke up from my coma in, months ago. I haven't left her side since Caitlin had taken her into another room to change her into the oversized shirt she was now wearing, seeing as how her clothes were torn and bloody. The shirt was mine, something that has been left here when I changed into my Flash apparel. I didn't mind, seeing as how it was obvious she needed it more than I did, and I wasn't going to have her laying unclothed while being monitored. After all, that would be awfully difficult to explain when she wakes up.