~Six~

•BECCA•

The dream had stopped, now there was only darkness. Along with the darkness came intense pain, and a nearly unbearable weight on my chest and head. I was immediately aware of every part of my body, as if there were electric currents running through my veins, frying every cell they came into contact with. As the pain seemed to increase, I had one thought running through my mind. It was an odd type of thought, almost as if I could clearly see it, though I knew my eyes were closed. The darkness had become a never ending wall, and seemingly written all over the wall was one word; and that word was dying. There wasn't any pattern in the way the word was written, it just was. Over and over, in various languages I knew, completely covering the wall. The writing seemed to shine with a light. Like a warning sign of great importance.

Suddenly heat seemed to surge through my ribs, shocking my entire being. The writing on the wall grew much brighter, almost blinding. My focus on the wall wavered for a second as another shock ripped through my chest. When my focus returned, the word had changed. Still in the disarray it had been previously written, the light now shone with urgency. All of a sudden I found myself being less intrigued by the word itself, more of just what it meant.

Fight.

•~•

I awoke gradually, first came physical consciousness, then psychological awareness, and finally feeling. My eyes closed, I became familiar with my own body again, strangely comforted by the numbing ache I felt in my limbs and the slight sting of my skin against an unfamiliar fabric.

It was oddly quiet, and that confused me, as I didn't hear the beeping of medical machines one would expect at a hospital. This worried me, and an overwhelming feeling of uneasiness washed over me. Suddenly I was nauseous, and my hands clenched a slightly cool sheet between my fingers as the feeling grew.

In a few short seconds, my eyes were open, my entire body had lurched to the side and I was vomiting onto a dark and unfamiliar floor. It was clear I had been out for a while, as only acidic liquid rushed out of me. I was alone in the room, all though along closer inspection, it seemed more like a prison cell. Not in your typical sense, with bars and crappy beds that were practically falling apart anyways. It was small, the hospital like bed I was in barely fitting inside. I sat up slowly, the ache in my limbs slowly washing away with movement. I felt the heaviness in them dissipate, almost like cement was being poured from my fingertips.

I found myself gazing out of a glass door, most likely reinforced for strength and resistance. The outside was a very dimly lit grey space. It was very industrial looking, but with a subtle hint of moderation hidden in the sleek way it had been put together.

With a jerk, the small confines of my current living space began to move forward, towards a circular door that very slowly opening. My body went rigid as I stared at the opening in both fear and curiosity. There were two people on the other side, both male.
The first looked to be a little over six feet by my guess, his partner a slight bit below.

"Why does this feel like more of a prison cell than a state of the art hospital room?" I ask, although I already have a pretty good idea of the answer I am about to recieve.

"You have to understand," the shorter one starts, "we don't want to hurt you" I scoff at his response, if you could even call it that.

"Of course not, you just want to keep me locked up in a high tech prison cell made to repress and counteract my abilities." I turn to the tall one.

He is staring at his feet, which makes me believe he doesn't want to lock me up for some reason. I try to put it as him being a naive stranger who thinks the best of others, but then I don't think he'd be this bothered seeing me in a cell. That could only mean he's seen me before, and knows about my abilities, but still thinks I'm a good person. As I realize this, I remember one person who saw my "powers" first hand, and knew I used them for the benefit of others.

"Hey, you friend didn't answer my question. Would you care to enlighten me about my current situation, Flash?" At this he looks up, and our eyes meet, his full of astonishment.

"How did you know?" He sounds surprised, but there's almost a hint of awe in his tone.

"You wouldn't look me in the eye, which led me to believe you were opposed to my being put into a cell. At first it could just be you thinking the best of my intentions, but even a stranger would be cautious if they knew of my powers. Then, I realized it had to be someone who had seen me use my powers for good first hand. But, your face was unfamiliar to me, which meant it must have been covered. Your little suit does just that, hide you from the rest of the world. It wasn't that hard to piece it all together in the end."

The Flash' friend chuckled at the end of my explanation, hitting the shoulder of his taller acquaintance.

"Damn, she's got you all figured out." He then turned to me, "okay, so you know all about him, but why could we not find anything on you? You don't show up on any databases, why? Oh, and also, it's my suit. He just wears them out and ruins them." At the end of his last remark, he was pointedly glaring at the Flash, who looks down and shuffled his feet rather than meeting the eye of his shorter friend.

"Well, when you are one of the top CIA agents, you kind of have to disappear everywhere easily accessible." I said, bringing attention back to the fact I just wanted to get out of here.

"Oh"

"Yeah, 'Oh'. Although I doubt I am going to be retaining that position, seeing as how both of my partners are dead and I've been AWOL for months." I explained reluctantly, giving them slight insight as to why I have remained in the town.

"I'm sorry about your friends. Why haven't you returned to your work though? Deaths can't be that surprising in your line of work- well, that came out wrong. What I meant was, it's a risk in your line of work right?" He glanced over at his friend, who I still don't know the name of, and watched as the shorter mans head shook and his hand was placed to cover his eyes.

"Not the way they died. They were murdered by somebody inhuman. Somebody like you, actually. Except he wore yellow, not red. I wasn't even working, we were on vacation to see the particle accelerator." My eyes were watering now, as memories of that night and the reoccurring nightmares ran through my thoughts. I had to stop thinking about it, because where I'm from, emotion can get you killed.

"Anyways, who are you really? You save my life and then lock me up in a cell, what's the point?" I ask, changing the subject before we get in too deep on my own life. Barry seemed shocked as he and Cisco met eyes, before turning to me once again.

"I'm Barry Allen and this is Cisco Ram-ow! What was that for?!" Barry glared at his companion, who had strongly elbowed him in the ribs seconds earlier. Cisco hit a button on a monitor beside them, and then the two were talking to each other fervently, and I was blind to the whole conversation. They each took turns gesturing towards my containment area before Barry took off with his speed and Cisco distractedly hit the monitor again, sending my cell backwards and the Circular entrance shut.

Great, I'm never getting out of here.