~Seven~

•BARRY•

"I'm Barry Allen and this is Cisco Ram-ow! What was that for?!" I say, as a sharp pain blooms along the ribs on my left side. Cisco glances at me, then back att he girl before hitting a switch on the monitor that would block her from hearing our conversation.

"You can't just go telling her our life stories Barry! You have no idea who she really is!" Cisco practically hissed at me. He pointed towards her in containment, and for a moment I could have believed him. But something about his unwillingness to accept that somebody else could be genuinely good just made me upset more.

"Well then why don't we ask her? She doesn't seem to be obsessed with thoughts on how to murder us, and she almost died saving people she probably doesn't even know!" I argued, verbalizing my anger involving his stubbornness. She wasn't a bad person, I just knew it. And somehow, I knew she was telling the truth too.

"And what if she is just lying to us? What if she is secretly the man in yellow- or I guess the woman in yellow, and she is just distracting us with a false image of herself? Barry we know nothing about this girl, or what she is actually capable of. I know you like to see the best in people right now, but I worry one day it's going to come back and slap you in the face that not everybody is a hero. Not everybody is like you." His anger had clearly dissipated by the end of his statement, and if I was being honest with myself, he sounded exhausted. I didn't blame him, all of us hadn't gotten much sleep, having stayed here in STAR labs since I came running in with a dying girl.

"She is, I can tell. Maybe you're right, and maybe one day I will put my trust into the wrong person. But right now, all we know is she has saved many lives, including my own by the way, and she nearly died doing so. I get that not everyone is like me, but I think she is. Or at least, I think she could be, if somebody was willing to put their faith her like they did in me." I looked pointedly at Cisco, and he sighed, knowing I was referring to him. He lightly shook his head in return, and I felt my gaze change to a glare before I turned to leave, but not before catching his last response.

"I can't Barry. Not yet." I shook my head as I ran, the thoughts running through my mind frantic and confusing. On one hand, I knew Cisco was right, and he was only looking out for me. But on the other hand, I just knew she was innocent. And perhaps I was just hopeful that there was somebody somewhere that was affected by the explosion and didn't decide to go all villainous on Central City, but somehow I knew what she told us was the truth.

And she had seen the man in yellow. Recently, I may add, so tat means he's still out there. My mothers killer was out there somewhere, killing more people, while my father lie in jail wrongfully accused of my mothers murder. My father was a good man, he was a doctor for goodness sakes, and yet nobody believed he had touched the knife to save her. I knew the truth, but when you're as young as I was when it happened, I suppose your statements don't matter for much. Especially when they mention a man of the impossible.

•~•

Having been so involved and in my thoughts, I didn't notice where I had been running to. I looked up to see I was in front of my childhood home. The place my mother was brutally murdered by a man like me. A man also like Becca. And suddenly-only for a moment- I was okay with her being locked up. Seeing my home brought me more grief than I would have liked, and the thought of Becca even remotely being able to have done this to me just jarred my opinion. Somewhere, deep down, I knew she wasn't him. I knew that I was only changing my mind because it brought me a sense of peace to convince myself I had captured my mothers killer. But it was wrong of me to do so. I've seen first hand what happens when wrongful accusations of murder were forced upon people. I knew, that for everybody involved, it never solved anything.

So I shook my head and just stared at the house that held so much of my turmoil. I wondered how something could look so normal, but yet have such a terrible history. I wondered if the current owner knew the truth of what had happened. But of course they wouldn't. They probably knew what the rest of the world believes is right. That the husband of the woman murdered-my father- brutally stabbed my own mom-his wife- for unknown reasons.

It was only when I saw one of the curtains begin to move that I found myself running yet again. I couldn't face whoever lived there. I couldn't even force myself to cross the street to the driveway. I still couldn't face my own past. I wasn't cut out for this sort of thing. After all, what hero can't even conquer his inner demons?

•~•

Before I knew it I was back in STAR labs. My feet led me down to the meta prison, and my fingers blindly pressed the buttons to bring forward our newest addition. I could faintly hear Ciscos voice telling me this was a bad idea, but I wasn't sure even I knew what that idea was. I wasn't thinking with my head anymore, and perhaps that would lead me down a harder path, but somehow, I knew the end could fix me.

The door opened, and the first thing I noticed was her hair. It was sticking straight up to the ends, all around her, almost like those cartoon characters after getting stuck by lightening. At that thought, I nearly laughed at myself, somehow the irony sticking out amongst the negatives in my current situation. The second thing I saw, was her expression. Her eyes were alight in awe, as she watched the air around her. It's like she could see something no one else could, and in the corner of my eyes I saw her hands reaching for something unknown. Her mouth though, was what shook me to my core. It was slightly tilted upwards on one side, but I could tell she had wanted to smile. I saw then how broken she truly was. Her pained smile looked so out of place beside her wonder filled eyes and persisting hands. I noticed she looked innocent, or perhaps that was the wrong wording. Vulnerable- it hit me then- she looked vulnerable.

It was when I took a step toward her that her whole persona changed. It all happened in an instant. Her hair dropped, as did her hands. The look in her eyes faded, and she stood up to her full height. Lastly, I noticed, her smile gave up, to a seemingly permanent frown that made it feel like the atmosphere around me cooled and hardened around me. My skin was tingling slightly, almost like the smallest electric shocks among my skin. It was odd, and perhaps at another time I would have stopped to notice it. But I didn't, and my mind had a mission it seemed, for I barely even registered what I did next, what I proposed next.

"If I agree to let you out, will you willingly agree to help me?" And later on I fully realized that I had said 'me' and not 'us', and that my intentions weren't just believing she could help the city. For once, I believed someone could help me, and maybe, just maybe, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

-----------------------------------------
I apologize for the long wait, and how short this chapter is, but I promise I will try to update more frequently now. Yay? (Forgive me please)
-author