Chapter 12: Break It off

Erica's POV

None of us said a word we were just too scared and shocked that the Security guards had arrived. "Well since no one wants to explain how about you to come down to the security office and explain, but just so you know you two can and might get arrested for public altercation." explained one of the guards. "I'm sure you don't want to get the police involved do you."

"what the police come on Mr. Security guard do we really have to get the police involved." I asked

"Well young lady we might" 

"Can you like look the other way on this little situation it's really nothing big they just got into a little argument and it almost got out of hand" I said pleading. 

"Almost?" He looked at me and raised an eye brow.

"Yeah almost you know like the adverb."

"Young lay do I have to talk you down to security too"

"Ah ha NO"

"Ok then now step a side and leave, all you leave now, as for you two you guys are off the hook only because you little girlfriend is really annoying and I didn't want to hear her mouth anymore and because My daughter is a big fan of your music" 

Diggy looked at him and smiled. The security guards walked out of the bathroom and the tension seemed to to ease up. Everyone was quiet for what seemed like 30 minutes, until Chresanto broke it. "Aye Diggy can you take me home My mom is bugging out"

"Yeah Erica your mom called my phone and said we gotta get home like NOW" Eboni informed me

"Yeah she called me too" Karlita added

"Alright everyone let's go  I'm taking y'all home"

An hour later we pulled up to my house, it was almost 10pm and my mom was already home. I looked at Diggy in the driver seat his cheek had a bruise on it and he looked pissed. I really wanted to say something, but I choked on my words. What the heck was I supposed to say 'I'm sorry for having a child with you best friend and not telling you' , I'm definitely not saying that. I looked at him as he stared out of the drivers window. "You getting out?" he said in a nonchalant tone. 

"Uh yeah I guess so um bye I guess I will see you later" He looked at me like I was stupid " or not" I said in a low tone.

Karlita and Eboni had already gotten out of the car. I reached for the car handle slowly, I was hoping he would stop me, but as I opened the door he was still looking out the window. I got out the car and made my way to the front door. I reached for the door knob to open the door, all of a sudden I heard my name being called. I turned around and I was Diggy he was calling my name. My heart skipped a few beats I was so happy and nervous. I walked up to the car to see what he wanted. "Yes?" I said 

"Uh you left your her head phones." 

"Oh" I said in a saddened tone. "Thanks"

I grabbed the headphones and walked back up the house. He sped off and I never looked back.

Kay's POV

When we were at the hospital Craig tried talk to me, I though I made it clear that I don't want him any more may be I was speaking French but since I took Spanish 2 and failed I know I wasn't talking French nor was I speaking Spanish. He texted my phone talking about "I'm sorry" and "please for give me" and the infamous quote "she meant nothing to me". I was sitting there laughing at his text messages. I don't know why he's texting me because he's not getting a reply back. I honestly thought staying with my cousin Erica in Long Beach for the summer was going to be all fine and dandy but It turned out to be a BIG FAT BUMMER. The main reason I wanted to go to her house was to get away from my parents for the summer and I knew I would be going to parties, so you can say I was kind of using her.  Eboni on the other hand was trying to party point.blank.period. But since Erica is going off to Howard in August I had to hang with my cousin before she moves back to the East Coast. I was deep in my thoughts when I realized the my phone was vibrating I looked down and It was my mom. Crap. What does she want. I answered "Hello"

"Hey Kay how are you doing at aunty Shawn?" Why did my mom sound so cherry?

"Oh um I'm having lots of fun Erica, Eboni and I just came from the mall." 

"Oh well don't go spending all of your money and remember what I told you"

"I know mama No boys what so ever"

"That's right well I'm going now oh and Karlysia says Hi"

"Ok tell her I said Hi Bye " I hung up the phone before my mom could say anything else. 

I sat in the guest room that I was sleeping in while here. I then heard a voice sound like it was crying I put my ear to the wall and listened closely, it as Erica on the phone with some one.

"NaJeah I just don't know what to do..............I know but I really love him...............I know I know you always told me to tell him But I just didn't want him to leave me but now he's gone...............You really think so.........................you should have seen the look he gave me It was like he wanted to kill me...............Ok so I may have cised it up a bit but still the look was quite frightening to me Nana......................Really tho in the middle of my issues you invite that fool to your house some friend.............Nope good bye Nana"

Erica laughed a bit and hung up the phone. She must've called Nana and told her about her eventful day. 

Diggy's POV

"My nigga I told you something didn't seem right about her" My best friend Spin told me

"Nigga you only said because you wanted her when you first saw her" 

"Ya damn Skippy and I could've had her if your cock blocking ass didn't move in on her first"

"First come first serve" 

Spinking and I laughed for a bit, but my expression turned into a serious one.

"You really loved her didn't you?" He asked 

"Hell yeah we been together for what's about to be 3 years, me and that girl done been through hell and back." I told getting real mad that she kept this from me

"Damn Dig calm down"

"Naw man fuck calming down HOW THE HELL DO YOU KEEP SOMETHING THAT BIG FROM SOMEBODY LIKE HOW THE HELL DID I NOT FIND OUT. I feel like there were hidden signs everywhere. How could I have been so stupid I loved that girl I mean i still love her I think" I felt my eye start to swell with tears, I was really about to cry. 

"I don't know what to tell you"

"There is nothing to tell me I'm just going to have to break it off with her Tonight"

"Whoa what that's gonna crush her Diggy"

"I know trust me it's going to hurt me more then it hurts her. "

SpinKing looked at me and knew i was right, truth is my heart is slowing ripping into shreds that's how bad it hurt.

"Do what you gotta do man" 

I called Erica up and told her to meet me at her favorite place to go Menchies.