Chapter 25:The watch

I put my phone down and walked towards the window. I wasn't scared of Khalil, but I was ready for a fight. I knew he was going to come over, when my mom isn't here I just don't know when that will be.

When I looked out the window there were little kids walking down the street, some boys playing basketball, and the annoying ass neighbor who feels the need to wash their car every weekend.

"Erica what's up? " Diggy asked walking up behind me. "You good? "

"Huh oh yeah. I'm just thinking. "

"Erica you don't have to be afraid of him I will protect you."

"This ain't your battle and if it's a. fight he wants it's a fight he'll get."

"You can't do this alone he will hurt you, he's been in jail already. "

"I'm more worried about you getting hurt. You need to watch your back at all times Daniel. "

I'm not even worried about me I'm worried about people around me. This situation can either go left or right, and knowing Khalil this might take two lefts. I begged Diggy to go. home where he would be safer.  I didn't want him to go but after begging him he finally left.

I sat up on the couch alone for about five minutes  until I heard my mom come in with some chipotle in her hand.

"Hey mommy we bough you sum chipotle. " KJ said jumping on my lap.

"You did?"

"Yep and gwandma let me fix yurs too."

"Oh snap let me go see what you got me."  I got up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen.

"Hey Mama. " I kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey how was your day?"

"Well that annoying boy came over." I said sitting on the bar stool.

"Awwww my son in law. Why did he leave? " She turned around drying her hands.

"He just wanted to go home. " I lied.

I know it's just a matter of time until she watches the news and sees that Khalil is wanted for breaking out of jail. 

"Oh ok well I'm about to go to bed."

As soon as my mom went up stairs there was a knock on the door. I jumped at first and then walked towards window.  I wanted to see who was outside before opening the door.

"Erica come on its raining out here. " I knew that voice all to well.

Kayla!

I opened the door and when she walked in she started shaking her head like some dog. I hated when she she did that.

Kayla was El Salvadorian . Her hair was worn natural for the most part and she died it a dark red. Kayla was the perfect example of a rebel child. Everything her parents wanted her to be she became the opposite. I'm still wondering how we became friends with our differences.

"Ay dios mio Damn girl you want to catch  pneumonia. " She said heading to the kitchen.

"Aye watch it my mama's up stairs.

"Aye Je suis tres desole."

"Mmm hmmm what I tell you about using that language in my house. " My mom said from upstairs.

"Dang girl you need to stick to one language." I said sitting down in one of the bar stools.

"Well you know me I'm very multicultural. "