Who's That?

Chapter 2

Riley sighed looking through all the pictures of her and Lucas on her phone, careful to never delete one.

Selfie

Beach

Mountains

Kissing

Tears filled Riley's vision as each picture made it more painful to look at. There was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" Riley questioned wiping her tears.

"Gracie, your favorite and only kid!" Grace chirped. Riley smiled knowing her daughter could easily cheer her up.

"Come in." Riley smiled and Gracie came running in.

"Why didn't you come for dinner?" Grace asked curiously as Riley picked her up and sat her on her lap.

"I wasn't very hungry." Riley lied.

"Well I saved your dessert from Uncle Josh." Gracie said proudly.

"Thanks peanut." Riley planted a kiss on the top of her daughter's head.

"Anytime mommy. You dropped your phone." she said and picked us Riley's phone, only to see Lucas.

"Mommy who's that?" she asked and handed Riley her phone. Riley's stomach dropped.

"Oh." she said but it sounded like a whisper.

"Huh?" Grace asked.

"Hang on." Riley said and put Grace in her bed. Riley opened the door.

"Maya! Josh! We have a problem!" Riley yelled. Soon they both came in and Riley sat back down on her bed, putting Grace back on her lap.

"What Riles?" Josh asked. Riley took her phone from Grace and showed them.

"She found out." Riley told them. Maya and Josh sat down.

"Who is he?" Grace asked innocently.

"Ok, well how old am I Grace?" Riley asked.

"Hm...29." Grace said.

"Yeah, how old are you?" Maya asked.

"8 almost 9!" Grace cheered.

"Good." Josh said.

"When I was 20, I had a boyfriend named Lucas. We were great. But when I got pregnant with you, he ran away." Riley explained. Grace's smile faded.

"Was it my fault?" Grace asked looking at all of them.

"No honey. Not at all!" Riley said and hugged her daughter.

"Yes it was." Grace croaked out and cried into Riley's shirt.

"Grace Lucas is a jerk. He left, not you. It;s not your fault at all!" Maya comforted.

"Ok." Grace cried.

"Are you ok?" Josh asked.

"Just tired." Grace said and laid down.

"Well, I guess you're staying here tonight then?" Riley asked.

"Yeah." Grace sniffled. Maya and Josh smiled and Riley laughed.

"Well ok then." Riley said. Maya and Josh left and Riley laid down next to Grace.

"You haven't slept in my room since you were 7!" Riley told her and she smiled.

"Eh." Grace shrugged and Riley laughed.

"Grace, I want you to know that none of this was your fault. Lucas left, not you. Ok?" Riley explained.

"Ok mommy. I love you." Grace said.

"I love you too peanut." Riley smiled.