Forgiveness Isn't Easy

Chapter 8

Lucas sat down by his daughter.

His kid.

The one he left.

"So," he said.

"Huh?" Gracie asked him, still mad.

He left her.

Hurt his mom.

"What do you think of me?" Lucas asked.

"I think you are a jerk for leaving." Gracie told him in a frank fashion.

"Ouch." he said.

"I'm serious. You hurt me and my mom. Were we not good enough for you?" she asked.

"Wh-no! Gracie! It's not like that! The whole thing happened to quickly and I wasn't thinking and I left. I thought Riley would never forgive me so I didn't come back!" Lucas explained.

"You hurt us. A lot." Gracie told him.

"And I will never forgive myself for that." he told her and Gracie stood up.

"Me either." she told him and left downstairs. Everyone turned around and saw her coming downstairs. Gracie faced her mom.

"I'm sorry. I know you wanted me to forgive him, I can't mom. There is no way I can." she told her about to start cryig again.

"Did you forgive yourself?" she asked and they hugged as Gracie cried.

One thing was running through Maya's mind that brought her back a little smile.

Flashback

"I'm sorry, I know you wanted me to forgive him. I just can't. I failed. You were wrong about this one Mr. Matthews." Maya told Mr. Matthews.

"I wasn't expecting that. That forgiveness doesn't come easily." he told her.

"Then what was this about?" she asked with tears falling down her cheeks.

"Did you forgive yourself?" he asked and Maya cried and hugged him.

Mr. Matthews has always been more of a Father to her then her own Father. Same with Shawn.

Present Time

Lucas looked around his daughter's room.

The daughter he missed.

The daughter he left.

The daughter that will never forgive him.

He doesn't even forgive himself for the pain he caused.

He looked at the stuff in her room. From art supplies to pictures. She looked so happy in these pictures, too bad he will never get to see that happiness. He knows she will not be happy when he's here.

Even if everyone else forgives him, the memories will still be there.

And they will pain everyone.

Not even Lucas can forgive himself for this.

A/N: And there is the next chapter! What do you think? 

And yes, it was based off of Girl Meets Forgiveness!

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)