Lucas and The Minkus'

Chapter 3

Lucas sighed running his hands through his hair. Going to see his best friends Farkle and Mackenzie isn't going to be easy. Especially since he hasn't seen them for 9 years.

He knew once he left Riley, he messed up.

But it was too late to turn back knowing she wouldn't forgive him.

Lucas pulled into the driveway of The Minkus' and walked up to the porch. Holding his breath, he finally built up the courage to knock on the door. It didn't take long for the door to open revealing the new, and different, Farkle Minkus. Lucas was shocked.

Farkle actually had some muscle.

He was starting to grow in a little bit of a beard as well.

"Farkle?" Lucas asked shocked.

"Lucas?" Farkle mocked. They did a bro hug like the good old days and then Mackenzie came out.

"Lucas?" she questioned and a huge smile appeared on her face. They hugged and all went in to talk.

"So, why did you leave Riley?" Mackenzie questioned strictly after catching up. Lucas sighed.

"Kenzie!" Farkle said. Lucas chuckled lightly.

"You guys haven't changed one bit." Lucas smiled. Farkle laughed but Mackenzie kept the same cold, hard face on Lucas.

"I'm serious." Mackenzie said scarring Lucas. Yes, Lucas has always been a little scared of Mackenzie when she was strict. He knew she wasn't playing games anymore.

"I don't know. I was excited, then I started thinking that I wouldn't be a good father. And I was right. I made it worse by leaving." Lucas sighed.

"You did." Farkle agreed.

"What do I do?" Lucas asked for advice. He needed some.

"Go to her." Mackenzie said.

"Huh?" Farkle and Lucas questioned at the same time.

"You need to go to Riley. Apologize. Check up on her. You need to talk to her right now. You are making things ten times worse by sitting here. You can ask for all the advice in the world, but it's not helping the situation. This may have happened 9 years ago, but it's still going on and hurting all of us." Mackenzie told them, leaving them shocked.

"Whoa." they both whispered.

"And you know I'm right. I always am." she smiled and did her world famous hair flip.

"Well can you go get Hayden because we're leaving tomorrow. Lucas, we want you to come." Farkle said.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, we can leave Hayden with Shawn and Katy." Mackenzie cheered and went up to grab her 3 year old.

"You guys sure?" Lucas asked worried.

"Positive." Farkle smiled.