xi

A/N: Hi everyone just a quick note. You'll realize that I have not included "the lady of the lake" episode, this is merely because as I watched the episode I saw only a few chances for Kara to be in it and it would have been an extremely small chapter, so small honestly, I couldn't see the point in writing it. Unfortunately, this will happen from time to time as I can't always include Kara in episodes, but I will tell you when I skip an episode. Sorry to everyone who's disappointed. It's a real shame as I loved the episode and Freya especially her relationship with Merlin (however short it was) and I'm disappointed as well but I hope this chapter makes up for it. Love you all, thanks for reading. Oh, and remember comments and votes are always welcome xo

~*~*~

Kara narrowly dodged the sharp arrow that whizzed past her head as her horse galloped across the forest ground. Glancing behind her, she saw the five bandits still chasing her, crossbow in hands. She grinned as she dodged another arrow before her eyes flashed gold.

A low hanging branch sprouted outward, knocking one of the riders of his horse. Kara urged her horse on faster, ducking underneath a branch herself. She had crossed into Camelot's borders after a visit to her mother in the neighbouring kingdom when she was ambushed. Originally it was a group of ten bandits. She had already killed five of them before running away on her horse, the remaining five chasing after her with revenge burning in their eyes.

She glanced to her left at the sound of a laugh, seeing a bandit riding directly beside her, sword in hand. Kara merely smirked before grabbing a dagger from her belt. She swung her arm and the dagger slammed into the bandit's chest, sending him reeling off the horse.

Two down, three to go, Kara thought triumphantly as she galloped towards a canyon. She urged her horse across the bridge that scaled across it. Her eyes shined gold and the rope at the end snapped. She pulled her horse up as the bridge fell from underneath her and they flew through the air.

Landing on solid ground, Kara span her hose around to face the bandits on the other side. All of them cursing loudly. "Maybe next time boys!" she winked with a laugh before her horse reared backwards before galloping towards the castle of Camelot.

~*~*~

Kara dashed up the steps of the castle when she was greeted immediately in a hug and a cheerful shout of her name, "Kara!" Recognising the voice, she embraced Morgana in return. "I trust your trip was pleasant. It has been most dreadful without you here to liven the place up," Morgana exclaimed with a smile, pulling away from her friend.

"It was eventful," Kara shrugged with a small, secretive grin, moving her arm only to have Morgana gasp in surprise.

"You're hurt!" she cried, grasping Kara's arm with a horrified look. The girl looked down to see a large cut bleeding across her arm. She must have been nicked by one of the bandit's swords in the fight, and she hadn't noticed.

"It's merely a flesh wound, I'll fix it up later," Kara shrugged it off easily. She had her share of wounds in the past, she could barely feel this one. "Have the kings from the five kingdoms arrived?"

Morgana nodded, "Just a while ago. Speaking of which I hope you don't mind but I may have volunteered for you to look after the lady Vivian for the duration of their stay."

Kara sighed, "A maid's work is never over," she laughed, lacing her arm with Morgana, asking for the details of what had happened in Camelot while she was gone.

~*~*~

Later, Kara made her way into the guest chambers of lady Vivian. She smiled happily upon seeing Arthur as she entered, easily coming to stand beside him, subtly brushing her arm against his and the tiny action made him smile.