Chapter 3: Dangerously Angelic

Chapter 3

Dangerously Angelic

The branch and leaves crunched against his weight, which left him wincing. So much for being quiet, he scolded himself. He didn't know what he was doing outside late at night which resulted in him seeing a blue thing that resembles a comet falling out of the sky hundred miles per hour. 

Everything about that thing screamed danger, he wanted to run and hide, be the coward everyone tells him he is and yet, he have no idea why he's walking towards to where it fell. All he knows is the feeling inside of him. Tugging and pulling him towards it. A tickle of voice at the back of his head telling him to do so. 

The voice has always been there, appearing at most important times. It helped him a lot of times, he trusted it. Maybe he's lunatic for listening to some nonexistent voice but the feelings get stronger, the voice more insistent for him to go every moment pass by, every moment the comet gets closer. 

He knows he had to go. 

In time, something will happen and it'll be an answer to the question you've been asking for a long time. The voice told him before, 3 months prior exactly. 

Time. It whispered moments ago, he wondered if the question he'd wonder all his life is finally going to get answered. 

Ever since he was a kid, he always dreamt of a girl with red fiery eyes and silver hair. He was supposed --no, no,-- destined to help this girl, she's always whispering 'Help' every time. Any dream, she's always there even at the corner. What has this got to do with the blue comet-like thing? He doesn't know. What would such a beautiful girl be doing there?

When he finally reached the clearing, he took a sharp intake of breath when his eyes landed on the crater. To create such damage, it had to be absolutely dangerous. He took a step back to run, scolding himself why he followed the voice even if he trusted it. He could be dead before he can even get any answers. He should've followed his instinct. That small, frantic step alerted the thing. Next thing he knows is he came face to face with the most beautiful girl he ever met that took his breath away and a sword that will permanently take his breath.

~

The silver-haired girl lay in the middle of the crater, completely unscathed; her wounds from her previous escape all gone. Not one scratch, a few scars but that's about it. A heavy sigh left her soft lips, it was either from relief or frustration. When she opened her fiery red eyes, what she saw astounded her. Blinking lights spread across the sky, like diamonds. It was beautiful. She lay there, just staring and still in her original form. She always appreciated the stars and space. The beauty of it always took her breath away. There's never been more a peaceful time to look at them; to take them in but now when everything's so quiet. So peaceful. 

She wanted to stay there for a long time. Until it burned her eyes and she couldn't see anymore. But it was soon broken when she heard a branch snapping and a sharp intake of breath. Immediately, she stood up as fast as a lightning and out of the crater standing in front of the person with a sword pointed at his throat, ready to pierce him any moment. If she didn't have any heightened senses she wouldn't know where he was.

For the second time since she's been in this new place, her breath was taken away once again. Could this be..... she thought. She quickly assessed the surrounding; it was all unfamiliar to her (which she was used to) but she recognised the creature in front of her. He looks pretty harmless.

But then, she noticed something different. There's something about in his smell. Something she couldn't point out. She narrowed her eyes, glittering dangerously and her sword began to glow fire all around and pointed it to the person.