Chapter 9: The Alpha and The Only Omega

Chapter 9

The Alpha and the Only Omega

~A few days later~

"You do know," Lucille said, "that just because my knowledge of the infamous 1st Dimension is outdated doesn't mean I'm stupid." She scowled, watching Nolan moved back and forth across the isle filled with foods. 

"Oh really," he inquired dryly, "Then, tell me Ms. I'm So Smart; which of these vegetables are the freshest?" 

She rolled her eyes at him, standing beside him. Her usual vibrant fire eyes glowed as she scanned the whole thing. "There," she pointed to the edge of the basket filled with potatoes. 

"Fine," Nolan grumbled, picking up the rest of the potato close by and moving on to the next. 

She strolled by next to him, simply scanning her surrounding. "You want to know how I survive even the most dangerous Dimension of all? I absorb." 

Nolan whirled his head to her, "What do you mean?" 

"Just by standing at this place, I can gather all the information acquired. Everything humans know, from the recent news to any gossip. In other words, I'm downloading information from others to mine. I'm blending to whatever living organism that lives in the dimension." 

"God, that must be so confusing." 

"No, not really. Since I'm the child of the Big Three, some of my Dad's instinct comes to me. My brain immediately process which information is right or wrong." 

"Then what the hell do you need me for?" Nolan questioned, pushing the cart forward whilst glaring jokingly to Lucille. 

"You are the one that suggested that you help me and so you will." 

"Yes, I know. No need to remind me, princess." 

On the way home from their short grocery shopping, a voice appeared in his head. Strong and commanding. It was the Alpha of Night Shadow Pack. As he spoke, his voice is filled with authority and power making it hard to resist but not for Nolan. Being half witch and werewolf, he was technically stronger than the Alpha and able to resist the command. For the sake of peace and going low on radar, he followed with no question to avoid any unnecessary trouble. 

Even if Nolan is an outcast in the pack, he was still required to go to pack meeting no matter how tedium they might be. "Pack meeting in 10 minutes. It is mandatory for all members to come." The Alpha's voice rang through his head, long enough for it to sink in before disappearing. 

Lucille turned her head towards the driver, frowning, "Problems?" she questioned. 

"I have to go to the pack meeting in 10 minutes." Nolan replied, heaving a great big sigh. 

Lucille nodded and opened the car door. "Go ahead, I assume it's about the thing I caused. I never thought it'll create such big commotion." 

"Oh you'll never believe it. It's all over the news," He chuckled, before pausing and turning to her horrified "How will you get home?" 

"Same way I came here; though a portal." She said, pointing to a tree whose trunk had become mushed and turned into a swirling void. 

"Please don't tell me you'll create another crater." 

"You really should stop stressing, you'll look older than you actually are." She pointed out with a blinding grin, "I'm not. I know where I'm going this time." With a dim red flash, Lucille was gone and stepping through the hole. Nolan watched, fascinated as it closed off and turned back into a normal tree trunk. The animals coming to take a closer look like a curious little thing they are before skittering away.