The Past Life

A/N: Hi! So, it's my first time ever writing a story that's probably more than 3000 words, so bear with me cause English is not my first language, and there may be lots of things that need corrections; grammar, vocabulary, etc... And, I'm not beta'ed, critics & suggestions are welcome. Most will be in 3rd POV.

Disclaimer  for this and future chapters: Harry Potter is not mine.

Chapter 1: The Past Life

Harry Potter. 32. Who doesn't know his name? The Boy-Who-Lived, Man-Who-Conquered, the holder of the Order of Merlin-First Class, probably the best Headmaster of Hogwarts ever known, a world-class Dueling Champion, Head of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter and Black, holder of more titles that he could ever  need. He did things that can leave man thrice his age crying, and he did it without even breaking a sweat. He's a kind man, often donates his numerous wealth to the ones who need it, always campaigning for creatures' rights, because that's the least he could do, for Hermione.

Hermione. Hermione Granger. His best friend, the love of his life, the woman he intended to spend the rest of his life with. He finally plucked up the courage to ask her out, and he had never been so happy when she agreed. He even have a beautiful ring picked out, a simple white gold band with a diamond at the middle, surrounded with tiny topaz and emeralds. But she died in an accident, a car crash (how ironic, he bitterly murmured), and when he heard about that, he almost died with her, as his heart broke, shattering into thousand little pieces. But he held himself together, because he had promised, promised her, that if he survived the Blood War, he would live a long life, away from danger and near-deaths.

But she's not here, with him, beside him, to remind him of the promise. He didn't cry at her funeral, but his dam broke when he went back to his room, alone, and he cried for days, crying until there's no more tears to shed. His heart melted like butter in fire, but it hardened from determination. He will live up to his promise to her. He will be strong, strong for Teddy-his godson, for Ron, his best mate-who she has held close like a brother, for the Weasleys, whom she had adopted as her second family, when her parents died peacefully during their sleep, just a six years after she restored their memories.

But he needs time, to mourn for her death, to numb the pain from the hole in his heart, that can only be filled with her presence. So he pack some necessities, some money, went to Gringotts to get a passport, and travel around the world, learning now things, which always remind him of her, (and that thought always filled him with a bittersweet felling) from deep inside him. He learn a lot, some unique, some was downright weird, and some very interesting. He learned how to harness his magical potential, how to use his magic to the maximum (and became proficient in non-verbal, wandless magic, a feat which is extremely rare, as the only known user in history is Merlin).

He also learn some music, as a psychologist somewhere in Asia told him music could be used as a coping mechanism. Although he can play several instruments brilliantly, he fell in love with the bittersweet melody of a violin. He purchased a violin in a music shop in Paris, charmed it to become unbreakable, and keep it inside his mokeskin pouch (with a shrinking charm in place). He played as often as he could, especially when he's feeling lonely.

When Andromeda's health became worse, he came back to England, to help her take care of Teddy. He visited the Weasleys too, and congratulates Ron in his engagement to Luna Lovegood. He became the best man in the wedding, with Ginny as the bride's maid (who's dating Draco Malfoy, of all people! But if she's happy, then he's okay with it, but after a "word" with Malfoy, of course).

He took up his mantel as Head of two Most Ancient and Most Noble House in the Wizengamot. He never date anymore, but some are really stubborn, and keep throwing themselves to him, much to his disgust. He turned them down as softly as he can, but they were pushing it. He filed a restricting order to each of them, and was satisfied when the aurors did their job well. Maybe being Harry Potter has it perks after all.