A New Adventure

Hey! The second chappie arrives!

Chapter 2: A New Adventure

Healer Maria Maystone is a young medi-witch, freshly graduated from Magical Med-school of Great Britain. She's 28, and currently running around helping her senior, Healer Clinton delivering the Potters' baby. She knows about the Potters, of course. James Potter is the Head Auror, and one of the best known in history. With his partner, Sirius Black, his second-in-command, they make a formidable team. Lily Potter nee Evans is a brilliant muggle-born, often called the brightest witch of their age. She's a researcher, mostly in Charms, and a part-time Unspeakable too, something which stirs the general public interest for a while, because it's very rare for muggle-borns to be accepted. It is rumored the D.o.M started heavily recruiting her since her sixth year, which spoke greatly of her brilliance. But it's not the time to think about that, Maria reprimanded herself. She readied herself beside Healer Clinton, careful to not block his actions, but situated herself to be quick to assist when needed. Yep, just another day at St. Mungos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LINE BREAK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Just another day' was thrown out of the window when Lily Potter starts glowing gold. "I wonder if it's normal." Maria asked herself, before she's aware of Healer Clinton's orders to help him. She briefly looked at the soon-to-be mother, and felt relieved that she seems to feel fine. The Potter male is currently freaked out, hysterically asking if his wife's condition, but Lily Potter's sharp glare brought him back to earth. Maria then realized that the glow comes from the belly, then she feel a spike of magic, and Lily calmly warned them that the baby is coming. They didn't have a time to react before the baby flows out of Lily Potter (who didn't seem to be in pain), surrounded in gold aura. The shell-shocked healer quickly cleaned the baby, who somehow seems to be void of any blood, and wrapped him in a blanket. She noticed the baby's tuft of already messy black-hair, and heard Healer Clinton's notification of another baby coming. The second one's birth seems normal enough, with Lily screaming threats at James, James biting his lip in pain (it seems Lily has quite a tight grip) and a few minutes later, the baby comes out. She muttered a quick cleaning spell, and wrapped him in another baby blue blanket, quickly filled both boys birth certificates. Then she gently passed the boys to their mother's arms, who looked tired, but seem to have an excited, happy gleam in her eye.

"Which one that comes first?" she asked. Maria pointed at the baby with black hair, who's currently dozing off next to his red-headed twin. Lily squeezed her children tighter, seemly unaware of the people around her, except of her husband, who's standing next to her, his eyes shining with love and pride to the new additions of his family. "You're a good child, aren't you?" she whispered to the black-haired baby. "Helping mom by numbing the pain with magic. Look, James, your son just displayed signs of magic! In his first seconds of his life too! I'm-oh! We're so proud of you." James looked stunned for a second, and then cleared his throat. "I thought that was you, Lily-flower. The golden glowy thing?" Lily just laughed, happiness seem to pour out of the woman. "Let's not talk about that now. What should we call them?" James looked thoughtful for a while, "Harrison 'Harry' James for this one" pointing at the raven-haired baby currently in his wife's arms, which she carefully passed to him. "And Christopher 'Chris' Charlus for him, you know, Harrison for your father, Charlus for my dad"

Lily smiled so big that Maria feared her face might split into two. If she's not holding a baby she might have snog him senseless. James lovingly put his arms in Lily's shoulder, "Just rest for a while, okay? I'll tell everyone of the good news!" he squeezed Lily's shoulder one last time, and dashed to the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~just a LINE BREAK ignore me~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James opened the door and found his mates, Sirius, Remus, and Peter (who looks jittery, but he didn't pondered that any further), his brothers in all but blood, waiting for him, worry cast over some of their features. He also see Minnie (McGonagall's secret nickname from the Marauders, which they have never uttered in front of her, fearing she would somehow transfigure them into toilet plungers and left them in a dirty, busy, public toilet. Forever!) and Albus in his kind-grandfatherly glory. They looked at him when he walked out of the door, waiting for news. For a second he thought he should pull a prank, but decided against it.

"Twins! Both boys, Harry James and Chris Charlus" he started. His voice was drowned from the cheering and congratulations he gets, especially from Sirius. He can't help but grin. This is probably the one bright spot during this war. More people went missing every day, more Dark Marks appeared, people don't know who they could trust, but he knew he could trust the Marauders, Minnie and Albus. Suddenly, he remembered Frank and Alice just had their baby yesterday. He makes a mental note to visit them as soon as he can. He knows Lily has planned for Alice to be his baby's godmother, but now he have to search for another candidate for the other one. What about Marlene? She's a good friend of Lily, he thought. He was cut out of his musings from a loud shout by his ear. Out of instinct, he fingered his wand but realized it's just Padfoot being Padfoot.

"Sirius." he began. Sirius perked up hearing his name. He figured James' serious now. They rarely called each other by their given names after achieving animagus transformation, only when the situation's serious (no puns intended). "Will you become Chris' godfather?" he asked. "After all, I need you to pass down the Noble art of Pranking" he said jokingly. He caught Minnie's terrified expression, which she smoothed down a second later. Sirius' jaws dropped into the floor, but he caught himself and accepted. The Vow of Godparent-hood was made, basically the Godparent swear by his/her magic to protect their godchild with all they got. James nodded, apparently satisfied. Then he turned to Remus.

"Remus, I want you to be Harry's godfather, will you accept?" Remus appeared shocked for a second, but he nods determinedly, "Prongs, you know werewolves are not favored much by the society. But," Remus pulled out his wand, and solemnly said "I, Remus John Lupin, hereby swear upon my life and magic, as one Harry James Potter's godfather, to cherish and protect him like my own, with my magic, with my life. Here I have sworn, so mote it be!" A tendril of white bluish magic come out of Remus' wand, much like what happened to Sirius when he took the Vow, and shot through the door which he knows is leading to Harry. Remus glows white for a second, and the magic seems to be absorbed back to Remus' body. James smiled, partly relieved of his sons' safety if, Merlin forbid, something happened to him and Lily.

Remus exhaled a deep, long, breath. "It seems my godchild is very strong. I can feel his magic through our connection. Do you feel it, James? It feels like the waves, wild and untamed." James shot him a quick grin, (yes, he knows about that. He's his father after all!) but stay silent. He asked the healer where is his family now, and after getting the room number, promptly walked as fast as he can without appearing over-excited (after all, he still have his pride.) but sadly didn't work very well. He unconsciously began skipping down the hall, unaware of the looks of amusement from behind him, and a snicker from Sirius. All he could think about is his wife, and his children. That thought made his grin broader, and it gives him a new motivation to win this war. They have to survive.

They have to.

A/N sorry if the chapter's not that good. I'll try to update ASAP