Chapter 9 - In the Eyes of the Moon

As Lukas descended towards the rocky pikes below, he stared at the moon. He remembered it's glittering shine, it's deceitful reflection. It called to him, whispered with voices he recognised, but could not understand. Then it spoke to him, clearly, seeming to reverberate through the entire canyon.

"Lukas..."

Lukas saw a face in the moon. She had called to him.

"Mother..."

She reached down from above and he reached towards the sky to touch her hand. They interlocked fingers and Lukas closed his eyes while tears ran down his face.

"I couldn't do it mother... I couldn't save them... I've been so selfish..."

"oh my son..."

She embraced him, then kissed his forehead.

"Your friends need you Lukas... you are not alone anymore"

Lukas opened his eyes and they shone a glowing white as if possessed by a new spirit of power. He turned to the pikes below and clawed onto a large thick spike and he claws dragged through the rock down. He ran up the pike, then launched himself back onto the cliff.

Julian slowly clambering up the cliff, perked up his ears. He turned astonished to see his brother once again climbing the height with renewed vigour,

"no... no, it cannot be"

Lukas growled, then Julian began to climb up faster. Julian was being chased by a demon.