Chapter 5: Battle into History

Lukas and Julian fought at a distance far from Krystal's sight. And by this time, they had fully transformed into the monsters that they really were, teeth bared and claws slashing. But of the two Julian had seemed all the more superior in battle prowess. And while they shred at one another, past memories flowed to the surface.

Their royal wolf clan was ruled by their father Augan, a mighty wolf and endowed with wisdom. He was the Alpha Male of their Clan. They were already by far a monstrous military power, and Julian had wished to use it to overthrow the hated humans and show them who was next in line in the evolutionary chain. However, their father did not feel this war profitable, and rejected his son's wishes. From then on, Julian resented his father. He developed a paranoia that his father was a human-lover and accused him multiple times. Eventually, he began a rebellion and attempted to murder his father and become the Alpha Male. Julian burst through the throne room, his father waiting in full armour, claws reinforced by metallic covers of razor sharpened steel. However, King Augan was not to fight that day. Lukas, Augan's 2nd son fought Julian. Lukas was more loyal to his King, but even more loving to his father. And so, he staked his life to defeat his lost older brother.

The battle was fierce. Brother against brother and none seeming to yield or give way. The father's eyes squinted with internal pain seeing the fight of his two sons. In the midst of the battle, Julian gained the upper hand and managed to throw a knife towards King Augan... though thrown in vain...

With his final nerve struck, the King lept swiftly into the air, as if he had disappeared. Then, suddenly, he plumeted between Julian and Lukas, one thrown to the left, and the other flown to the right. The King marked Prince Julian with a mighty claw that spread across Julian's face. Julian attempted to resist... he failed, and could not face his father's power... not there... and not yet... the Prince was then exiled from his kingdom, banished with the men he had gathered in his treachery. But he vowed that one day he would return to claim the throne and that he would have his revenge.