The Big Bang Thingy

disclaimer: i wrote this in 6th grade. that speaks for itself.

Percy woke with a start. He was in a big, dark, metal box that was banging up and down, making the ride pretty rough. Putting a hand out in front of him, he could vaguely distinguish the outline of 3 outstretched fingers in the darkness.

    Percy looked up and realized he was heading straight for a ceiling where he would meet certain death. He freaked out. Was he going to die?

    It was at that moment that he realized he couldn't remember anything except for his name and the name "Annabeth."

     He could see her striking image in his mind. She had shocking bright, grey eyes and blonde hair. He would worry about that later. Back on task he thought.

    Percy saw a cage with a cover over it. He half stumbled, half crawled over to it. He lifted up the cover, and out of everything, it was a chicken. The creature let out a shriek and flew all over the cage in an attempt to get out, oblivious to the fact that it was locked up. Percy jumped back in surprise, confused. That's not important, he told himself. 

     He was approaching the ceiling. About 10 second until death! he thought. 10. He searched frantically. 9. 8. 7. No luck. He finally gave up. 4. 3. 2. 1. He closed his eyes and covered his head, shielding himself.

     His surroundings stopped shaking and banging. Everything was quiet and still. He opened his eyes to pitch blackness. Am I dead? he wondered.

     After about 10 seconds of complete and utter silence, a blinding crack of light pierced the middle of the ceiling. He shielded his eyes. The crack spread outwards, the light filling his vision. No longer a crack, but a giant opening.

     He slowly lowered his trembling hands from his face. About a dozen teenagers stood above him on a higher platform, aged about 13-20 from what he could tell. A couple dozen more teens stood behind them.

     A tall, dark skinned boy jumped into the cold, hard box.

     "Hey there Greenbean, welcome to the Glade."

    He grabbed Percy's hand and helped him out of the box. Percy was wobbly, but stable. He needed time to think. Time to process this. Time to be alone. He got on his feet, and faced the overwhelming crowd.

     With a renewed strength he sprinted, faster then he knew he could. He saw woods and decided to go there. Behind him he heard the chatter of the unfamiliar boys. "Hey, looks like we got a mini Thomas! Maybe he'll face plant like Thomas too!" He could hear everyone laughing behind him, but kept running.