Falling Trees

The next day, all the buzz was of Percy. He was famous, almost like a celebrity.
"Listen Greenie, even though your a famous magical unicorn, we still have to tell you what your job is, and you still have too work. Your going to have a different job than anybody else, since you work so well with water here. Your going to work by the river, and your going to have special assignments that only you can know about, sound good?" Newt asked.
"Umm, I gue—" Percy was interrupted by a large "Beep, Beep, Beep."
"What was that?" Percy asked.
"That was the alarm, for when a Greenie comes! Follow me." Newt demanded. They ran there and were the first ones there, and Newt jumped inside. Within a matter of seconds, everyone in the Glade surrounded them. Newt gasped.
"What is it Newt?" a kid named Mark asked.
"It's a girl" he said. Almost in unison, everyone echoed Newt:
"A girl?!"
"Yes, but she's asleep, almost dead."
"What? How?" Mark said, a boy that Percy didn't know that good.
"I don't know, but wh-," The girl suddenly woke, gasping for air. She had brilliant, grey, electric eyes and blonde hair, braided on her shoulder. Then it hit Percy, it was the girl. The girl he saw in his dreams. The girl he couldn't get out of his head. The girl that for some odd reason, was his motivation. He didn't have any words for what he felt for her. It was impossible for him to say.
"Percy" she said.
Everyone looked at him. He ignored the staring faces, and said "Annabeth" right into her eyes. Newt reached out and took her hand and helped her up and out of the box. Once she was in the Glade, she didn't stop looking at Percy. She was beautiful, and he could tell everyone had a crush on her. Percy blushed, and everyone could tell that they had something. Then, out of nowhere, a lightning strike came out of the sky and zapped a tree near Annabeth. Everyone jumped back in surprise. Then the big tree came detached and started falling. It was falling right for Annabeth, and Percy had to do something. "Annabeth!" He yelled and dove right for her. She fell out of the way and the tree landed right on Percy. "Percy!" Newt yelled.

The tree landed right on Percy, and everyone gasped. "Everyone, let's all work together to get this thing of off him, he might still be alive!" Minho ordered. All the Gladers got on either side of the tree, ready to lift. "On 3" Minho said. "1,2,3!" They all put in their best, and carried the tree of Percy and thumped it aside, almost next to him. "Med-Jacks! Come get Percy!" Percy was unconscious, but still alive. He had a horrible concussion, a broken arm, and a bruised rib. He was bleeding in several spots. The med-jacks got him and carried him to the homestead, where he would be
treated. "Wait!" Mark said. The Med jacks turned around in surprise.
"What is it?" They said at the same time.
"Well, if Percy's cut could be healed by water, then what makes this any different?" Mark said.
"So what are you saying?" Jeff asked.
"We put him in water!" Mark suggested.
"Mark, that's brilliant" Newt added. "Let's do it! We can go to the river and dip him in!" Alby said.
"Wait" Chuck said.
"What?" Newt asked.
"The river, it's bottomless, infinite for all we know, what if we accidentally drop him?" Chuck asked.
"Chuck" Newt responded "Would you rather have Percy die like he is right now right in front of our eyes or would you rather give the poor shank a chance of life?" Chuck was speechless. But Newt knew that what Chuck said was true, they had to be careful. As the med jacks carried a dying Percy over to the river, all the Gladers watched in silence. "Come on Percy, stay with us" Alby prayed. They reached the pond and almost just dropped him in, but then they remembered what Chuck had said. They carefully dipped his body in as far as it could go without going to far in that they couldn't hold on. Jeff, one of the people that was holding Percy in, dropped down in pain as his leg cramped up. His hand slipped out of Percy's, causing Newt and the others to also release because of the sudden weight difference. Percy started plummeting towards the bottom. "NO!" Mark said, out of all people. Mark was one of the few people in the glade that was disabled, he had his own pair of crutches, just for him. Newt jumped into the water before anyone could react. He saw Percy, and lodged even faster toward him. "Stop!" Percy said, and shockingly, Newt could hear him clear as day. "Go back up, I'll explain everything else later. GO!" Percy shouted in the water, that should have dulled out his voice. Percy had completely healed, and was surprised to find that he could still breath, and he was dry. Suddenly, Percy heard a voice talking. "Hello, Perseus Jackson. I am your father. You will find out more about me later, but it seems that you have almost found all the abilities you have within you. Percy, you can control water. You can do whatever you want with water, just try. Goodbye Percy," the voice said, coming from nowhere. "Until next time." Then the presence left, and Percy could feel it. His "fathers" words echoed through his mind: "you can control water. You can do whatever you want with water, Just try." Percy took his advice. He would go up there, and try to control his power, and impress the other Gladers. All this time, he was underwater, not sinking. All the others must think that I'm dead, he thought to himself. Then he started up, ready to try out his new powers and explain everything to the others.