Soo-won's Secret

"I hate her." I say.

And I did. I hated Yona and I finally said out loud to someone, and it felt great.

"I'm not going." I say very abruptly.

"I need you there Meissa." He says softly. Soo-won never spoke harshly.

"I'm not going!" I say as I cross my arms in a fit of anger.

I hated Yona and I refused to go to her birthday party. And not only did I hate Yona, I hated her father. He was a coward and she was a brat.

And not only was she a brat, she always stole Soo-won and Hak from me. I was alone when it came to Yona, but that's how it was. Either you played with her or you were on your own.

This was partially why I took up training with general Mundok, and how I met my only friend Hak. Hak and Soo-won were all I had and yet when Yona was around, it seemed I was all I had.

"But Meissa-"

"I have no reason to go, so therefore I won't."

"Meissa, I need you there!" He says sternly.

I was taken aback with his tone. I had never heard him speak like that, and not only that, he raised his voice.

"What's going on Soo-won?" I ask.

"I'm planning something and I need you to be there." He says hinting at something.

I knew that was all I was going to get from him and it did sound like he knew something dangerous was going to happen, and I refused to let him anywhere near danger without my protection.

"I'll go, but you're not allowed out of my sight."

"Meissa-"

"What? You don't want me to get in the way? It's too dangerous for me?" I question. I was definitely angry, but I always had the ill temper. "Soo-won, I'm stronger than you! I've done nothing but train my whole life so that I could protect you and avenge Father, so you better have a perfect reason as to why I would dare let you out of my sight while you are in the company of a murderer!"

"Because I know what I'm doing. Do you trust me?" he asks.

"Of course I do, but-"

"Do you trust me?" He says.

I pause. At any other moment I would have agreed in a heartbeat, but something was up. He was keeping a secret, something that wasn't usual when it came to the two of us. I told him everything with the utmost honesty, hoping he would do the same. And now here we were, him hiding something clearly important, and I confused and heartbroken that the one person in my life couldn't confide in me, yet wanted me to do something out of my comfort zone.

So did I trust him? No, or at least not this moment I didn't.

"Yes, I trust you." I lie, something that was a first for me.

"So will you accompany me to Hiryuu Castle?"

"Yes." I say curtly, my blood still boiling from my anger towards him.

He smiles an angelic smile, "Arigatō, Meissa!"

"When do we leave?"

"Soon so please go get ready."

I bow and exit the room to go prepare myself, making a list of essential items that I would need to protect myself and Soo-won. I knew something was going to happen wen we got there, I just didn't know what. But whatever it was I would be ready for it.