Yona

"I still don't see why I have to be here." I mumble to Su-won as he and I make our way through Hiryuu Castle.

"Because I want you t-" he's interrupted as flash of red hair appears around the corner and runs right into his chest

I reach for my sword but a hand is rested on my arm. I look towards Su-won and see him glancing at me from the corner of his eye before his attention returns to the bane of my existence, our cousin Yona.

"Energetic as always, Princess Yona," he says with a smile. The smile she didn't deserve. "Why were you in such a hurry?"

"B-Because I heard you arrived and I thought I'd be nice and greet you-," she says as she glances around, her gaze falling on me. "And Meissa..." She says not as excitedly.

I narrow my eyes before turning my gaze to the floor allowing my bangs to fall into my eyes.

"S-So are you going to stay for a while this time?" Yona asks.

"Of course! After all I came to celebrate your birthday next week." He pats her head like a little kid and I can't help to hide a smile. "My you've grown! Anyway where's General Hak and King Il?" He asks before running off.

I paused waiting for Yona to go away, not wanting her to follow me. Yet she stood there mumbling to herself.

I took a step forward ready to walk away. I wanted to find Hak.

"Why won't he love me?" She says louder and I stop.

I turn to her and she wasn't looking at me, she was just staring at her feet while clenching her fists at her side, so I wasn't sure if she was talking to me or not.

"Why would he?" I say monotonously.

Her heads jerks up in my direction and her eyes were wide, brimming with tears.

"You're a spoiled brat who can't even do anything for herself. You rely on everyone to do everything for you, and maybe that's why he will never return your feelings. Maybe he's tired of taking care of you." I continue.

"No, you're wrong! You don't know what you're talking about!" She yells.

I shake my head. "I guess I don't. But then again I know Soo-won like the back of my hand." I say as I walk away.

I wanted to know where Soo-won was. I didn't trust him walking around by himself, I wanted to protect him. I needed to protect him. He was all I had left, I couldn't afford for anything to happen to him.

I continued to search for Soo-won, looking around frantically. Then a hand grabbed my upper arm causing me to stop. And so like anyone who was walking around the home of her father's murderer, I drew my sword and had it pressed into the chest of the person behind me in a matter of seconds, backing them up against the wall.

"Honestly Meissa, we both know which one of us would win in a sword fight, so I suggest you put it away." He says.

I roll my eyes and sheathe my sword. I hadn't been to Hiryuu Castle in many years. Neither had I seen or spoken to any of inhabitants but I knew who this was. I'd be stupid not to know him. It was Hak.

"You're not better than me Son Hak." I argue.

"But I'm a man so I'm stronger than you."

"We haven't fought each other in many years, you don't know how we compare to each other in a fight." I say, "But since you want to bring gender into it, I'm a woman so I'm much faster than you."

He shakes his head, "You're not yet a woman, though." He says teasingly.

"I'm old enough!"

"For what?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Many things! I can marry for instance- not that I'm going to, I have to protect Soo-won, of course. But I can definitely beat you!"

"We'll have to see about that won't we?" He asks pressing me in between him and the wall.

"H-Hak!" I say frantically. He was never this way before. "H-Have you seen my brother?" I say trying to distract myself from the situation.

"I have."

"Well tell me where he is!"

He shakes his head. "I was sent by him actually, he asked me to entertain you while he meets with your uncle."

"He's not my uncle..." I mumble angrily. "Shouldn't you be with Yona?" I question.

"Don't seem so bitter." He says jokingly. "I don't have to be around her constantly. What could possibly happen?"

I shrug my shoulders. "So I'm taking that as you would rather spend time with me than her?"

"Well I haven't seen you in four years!" He says his face growing slightly red.

I smile, "Did you miss me, Hak?"

"Don't act so smug, Meissa!"

I stick my tongue out at him as if we were children training with General Mundok again. Although I was the one usually frustrated by his teasing, not the other way around. But I guess that's just something four years can change.

"Has it really been that long?" I ask, gazing up into his blue eyes, completely forgetting the position that we were standing and that anyone could turn a corner and see us like this.

"Yeah." He replies.

"It didn't seem like it had been that long, but now that you actually say it, the time is finally starting to catch back up to me." I admit. "I missed you Hak."

He leans in closer than he already was, causing my heart to skip a beat, and my stomach to flutter. I was trying to hide how nervous I was, this was a moment I had waited for for many years and I didn't want it to end.

"I missed you more than you could ever fully understand."