The journey ahead

Warning: This chapter is extremely sad. Grab your box of tissues now and get ready to cry! It isn't 100% sad but just in case. Enjoy the chapter!

We woke up around five thirty in the morning. Well I had to wake Kaitlyn up but whatever. She is awesome but a slight lazy. No offense! We found blankets so we put blankets over the horses. We didn't want them to freeze. We also strapped on a bag filled with food, more blankets, clothes, and two coats. As well as two fluffy pillows. After packing we hopped on our horses ready to save Captain! "Samantha" Kaitlyn asked. "What if we can't bring Captain back? Could we even survive?" She knew the answer was we could survive. She was just being nervous but I was scared too! I really didn't blame her! "Don't worry Kaitlyn. Everything will be fine!" I told her but I wasn't sure of myself and Kaitlyn could easily tell. We laid down on our horses in the warmth of the sun and fell asleep. After I entered the world of darkness I saw Captain! "Samantha listen to me. Pet your horses under their necks for exactly six seconds. Just don't believe everything you here them say."
I woke straight up to find Kaitlyn already awake. She was chewing a gold rush apple. I explained to her what Captain said and we did just that. What else could we do? I trusted him and so does Kaitlyn. I was still a little scared about the warning but I never brought it up. Why would I? After following Captain's detailed instructions we held on tight worried about what would happen next. I personally hoped the horses wouldn't exploded! Please don't ask me why, I have no idea myself! All of a sudden we felt a burst of strong wind. We were thrown off our horses because of the wind and covered our heads in fear. Was this a tornado! PANIC!!!!! After three minutes we were up and staring in awe. Our horses had blossomed delicate and beautiful wings. "Hello" Angel said in a delicate, friendly voice. "Captain set us." Added Dr. Gray in a crisp voice. We were impressed. Captain sent them? Grrrr, we were just so confused. This was like meeting Captain all over again. "Girls" Angel said "I am sorry to say this, there is no way to get Captain back. We are his replacement." Angel smiled but there was no way to replace Captain. Kaitlyn and I whispered. "I don't trust them." I said thinking about the warning. "Agreed" said Kaitlyn "Captain must be out there somewhere! We should make a run for it." We both nodded. No questions asked. We grabbed each other's hands and ran for our lives. The horses huffed in an evil way. They took off after us, but we were a good two minutes ahead and running out of breath. We tumbled into a cave dodging their views. They had all of our supplies! We were so exhausted! That is why we fell asleep on the cold rock floor.