Chapter 7 | Just that Mesmerizing | Part 3

"What?" I asked, suspiciously. Why was he staring at me?

"You have a nice butt," he winked. "It's very round."

I dropped my jaw. What did he just say?

"Excuse me?" I gaped, in disbelief. "I have a what?"

"A cute butt." He shrugged, nonchalant. "It's all right, nothing to be embarrassed of."

Absolutely flabbergasted and humiliated, I fumed and crossed my arms over my chest, my jaw still dropped apart. How dare he. "I do not have a cute butt!"

He raised his eyebrows. Oh snap, what had I just said?

"Hey!" I protested. "I-I-I-"

"Let's talk about your butt while we get my book, shall we?" he said, gesturing towards the nonfiction shelves.

"Fine!" I snapped. "But you have to walk in front of me."

"But I don't know where the book is."

"Go straight," I ordered, still incredulous. "And then turn left at 180.2at 180.2."

He chuckled, but strode forward like I had directed him to, amused. As he walked, my eyes subconsciously lingered on his backside. Wide, toned shoulders narrowed down, long and lean.

"Dang, his butt is attractive," I muttered.

Turning his head, Vince flashed me a handsome beam. "You like what you see?"

Before his piercing eyes could meet mine, I looked away, examining the shelves that went by. "Maybe."

Great, now he knew that I did like what I saw. What was I supposed to do if he was sculpted like a Greek god? It wasn't my fault.

Another laugh slipped out of his lips, before he finally turned left towards the biology section. Stepping around his tall physique, I scanned the books until I finally found one that would be good enough, and handed it to him.

The smirk stayed on his face.

"Stop that," I objected, my eyes narrowed. I had to take a stand for myself, no matter how awed I may get from being around him.

"Stop what?"

"Stop staring at my butt!"

He chuckled. "I'm just admiring the rare beauties in life, Zoe. And if you haven't already known, you're one of them."

Blood pooled into my cheeks, warming them up. Crossing my arms, I looked away, not knowing how to react. "You don't have to say that, you know."

"I have an idea." He swirled the book in his fingers and leaned back against one of the pillars, his eyes shading me from below his bangs. "You and I can go on a date tomorrow."

"A date?"

I was already crossing the limits by talking to Vince. Going on a date with him would be like asking to be pushed off a cliff.

"A date." He repeated. Pushing himself off the wall, he began hovering over to the self-checkout desk. "I'll pick you up at around seven tomorrow."

Still completely confused, I shook my head shakily and followed him. "I-I can't do that."

"No, it'll be good." Walking up to the desk, he checked out his book swiftly quickly, finally turning away from me to look at the desk contents. "I'll make sure it's good."

"You don't even know my address." I accused, crossing my arms. "It can't happen."

"We live in a small town," he pointed out, casually. "It won't be hard to find."

My eyes went flat and I shook my head. "I still can't go."

I couldn't go. Even though there was a little shimmer of desire in me to go on a date with the resident bad boy and see what it was like, I had to push that down. I simply could not go on a date with him -- Zach would kill me.

Unfortunately, it looked like Vince had picked up on that shimmer of desire in me. He knew I wanted to go.

Pretending he didn't hear me, Vince winked and headed towards the exit, the book carelessly resting in his hand. "I'll be on your doorstep tomorrow at seven, Zoe. Take care of that cute butt of yours."

And with that, he left me gaping at him from a distance, completely in shock. Vince knew I couldn't resist him.

The Beast was going to take me on a date tomorrow. My brother would not like this.

Author's Note

Is Vince going to be able to take her on a date? Or do you think she'll have the willpower to not go? Would you have the willpower to not go, if you were Zoe?

Please comment tell me what you think! It helps out a lot! I hope you liked this - if you did, feel free to give it a vote :)

Edited: May 20, 2018