December 9th

Luke clipped away at the construction paper. It was folded in halves and he hoped once it was unfolded it would like a snowflake or at least like the ones he'd make with his mother during the holidays when he was younger.

"Here honey," Luke smiled once his mom places down a cup of steaming hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream. "Just the way you used to like it."

"Thanks mom." Luke pushed the cup aside until it cooled down. "So how does this snowflake look? Worthy enough for your refrigerator?"

"Of course," Liz chuckled, she smiled at her youngest son, enjoying this peaceful afternoon with him. She loved getting to bond over crafts and hot chocolate like they used to do. When Luke would stay home sick from school or managed to wake up early enough to beat his older brothers for his moms attention. "I still have some there from when you were five. Time flys. It's hard to even believe you're married now."

"I still can't even believe I'm married." Luke admitted, "We dated for five years. Michael never wanted to get married, said if we were in love it didn't matter if it was written on a piece of paper. But, he knew about the fairytale I wanted. I think he'd overhear me talking about it to Ashton and then feel guilty."

"Michael loves you Luke. You know that. I know where this conversation is heading, don't question it because he's madly in love you and would do anything to make you happy." Liz scolded, trying to get Luke to understand what he's trying to start isn't the way to go. "Now. Enough about this. Let's cut out some more snowflakes while he watch the first snow of the season out the window. How does that sound?"

Luke signed, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "Sounds perfect."

////

I wanna say this won't end sad but there's a 50/50 chance unless I change my mind. Like upcoming chapters might be sad with Luke being lonely but then I can build up to the happiness?? idk what do you guys think?