Seven

Ivy

I walked out of the hospital stretching and taking in huge gulps of fresh air. Apparently, Blake thought that it was funny and started chuckling.

"C'mon drama queen, let's go."

I just flipped him off and continued to take in fresh air. Call me dramatic but imagine breathing in disinfected air for a few hours, let alone weeks you will really start to miss fresh air.

We got into his car as he drove me back home. I needed to get some really important things.

He drove to my house and parked his car insisting on following me so that if anything happens, he can be my knight in shining armour.

I rolled my eyes at him but smiled at the fact that he was willing to risk his safety just to ensure that I am safe and sound.

I opened the door with Blake following behind me and froze when I saw my mother sleeping on the couch with a half empty beer bottle in her hand.

Blake who wasn't paying attention to his surroundings bumped into me, muttered a sorry before he saw my mother.

Thankfully, my mother was not awakened by the noise we made because of the amount of alcohol that was in her system. We then quietly walked upstairs into my bedroom and I gently close the door before releasing a sigh of relief.

Blake looked at me and whispered, "Is that your mother? Does she also abuse you like what your father does? I can always call the police and put her in jail."

I shook my head and replied quietly, "It's okay. Just leave her be. My mother doesn't really hit me. She even helps me to get out of the abuse sometimes when she is sober which I'm really thankful for. I'll just leave her a note later."

Even though she isn't really involved in abusing me as much as my father, as a mother she should always protect me against any danger and should have ran away with me from my father even though the cause of my twin's death was indeed because of me.

I grabbed my one and only duffel bag and placed all the pictures that we took as a family in the bag. I also took the necklace that was given to me by my sister on our last birthday we celebrated together and some other daily necessities before writing a letter to my mother.

Dear mother,

If you are wondering where your husband and daughter is; Your husband is currently rotting in jail for abusing me and I have left to stay with a friend. The only reason why I did not rat your name out to the police though you were involved in the abuse, is because Isabelle really loves you and if I would to do that she would not forgive me. Also, because you helped me to get away from him sometimes which I am really grateful for. I'm really sorry for taking away your precious daughter's life but you need to let go of it. You deserve a brand new beginning. A fresh start. Admit yourself into rehabilitation centre or something and find another person what loves you very much and keep him. You are a good person. It was only because of hatred that made you like this. Let it go and just forgive.

From,
Ivy

After writing the letter, I pasted it on the refrigerator door and left the house.

---

"You okay?" Blake asked with concern in his eyes. I guess it was because of the unshed tears in my eyes. I nodded in reply and looked out of the window as he drove. Blake got the hint that I did not want to talk about it and left me alone.

Blake slowed as this really beautiful house appeared in my view. I could not help but gasped at the sight of it.

The house was enclosed with a wooden fence. It had a swimming pool covering almost half the front yard, with a 4 storey building in the background. The view was absolutely breathtaking and every single thing in it screamed money. From the beautiful chandelier that had diamonds hanging, to the amazing living room that has a 80 inch TV attached to the wall. All in all, the house was really modernised but it also had a really cosy and comfy feeling to it.

I could not help but turn to look at him and asked, "Why do you have such a huge house when you only have 5 people in your family?"

He scratched his head and replied, "Oh about that. Well my house has a lot of different families living in it. They are my dad's colleagues and their families. They chipped in to buy this house together." He seemed really unsure about his response but since I was still mesmerized by the house I did not really question it.

Being the gentleman Blake is, he opened the door for me to get out of the car and then helped me to carry my belongings into the house.

While I was still looking house around the living room of the house, I heard a familiar voice greeting Blake.

I turned to look and realised that it was Ashley.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

Ashley saw that it was me and ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"C-can't breathe!" I wheezed out.

She immediately let go off me and shouted, "Why didn't you tell me that you could leave today? I thought I'd always be the person you would call first..."

"I-I be-because-"I started to sweat, as I replied her. I didn't expect her to react like that.

"Just kidding!" cue the eye roll. Ashley chuckled as her continued, "I'm here because I recently found out that Blake was my neighbour. And since we're kinda close now, I would come over now and then to watch movies with him. I didn't want to tell you this because I was afraid that you will be angry at me but I really wanted to watch a movie with someone... You know that I can't really watch a movie with you because of your parents..." that explains why the neighbourhood was so familiar...

I felt really bad for not being able to spend much time with Ashley but now that I am here, I am so going to make up for all the "bonding time" that we've missed.

"Want to show me to my room so that I can unpack all my stuff?" I asked Ashley.

Without replying, she dragged me all the way upstairs, as if knowing where the guest rooms are. She pulled me in a room shouting that we are going to have a sleepover tonight.

We quickly unpacked all my things before going down for dinner. After eating a scrumptious dinner prepared by Blake's mother and her friends, I went up to my room with Ashley to sleep because it was getting pretty late.

The last thought I had in my mind before I slept was how everything in my life is going to change when I go to school tomorrow...

***

Hey all! The few chapters that is going to be uploaded are going to be somewhat boring for now but don't worry about it. There is going to be a major plot twist that would change the story which consists of a lot of drama. We wanted to try a story that is cliche yet not at the same time. So bear with us and keep reading and voting. Stay awesomeee and keep smiling :))

-Melody