Seventeen

^^Youth by Troye sivan

Cameron

I woke up when I felt Ivy wriggling in my arms trying to get out of my grip. I chuckled and tightened my grip around her so that she would not leave the bed.

Yesterday, when we were in the middle of watching A Thousand Words, Ivy fell asleep and I carried her back to her room. And as I laid her on the bed and kissed her forehead, she woke up and asked me to stay with her.

Knowing that she was still frightened by the incident that happened in the morning, I immediately agreed and took off my shirt before cuddling with her.

I smiled as I heard Ivy huff because no matter what she did, she could not break free from my strong grip around her waist.

I turned her so that she was facing me, pulled her closer and said, "The only way for you to get out of the bed is if you kiss me." She rolled her eyes before kissing my cheeks.

"That's cute but you do know that I'm still not letting you go right?" I smirked. She sighed before pecking my lips. But before she pull back, I wrapped my arms around her waist tighter, tugged her closer to me and kissed her hard. She froze for a second before kissing me back. The kiss lasted for a few minutes before she broke apart breathless.

When her eyes met mine, she blushed and hid her face in the crook of my neck. "You're so adorable Ivy Jamison." I laughed. She pouted, got out of bed and ran into the bathroom with her cheeks looking as red as a fire truck.

I invited Marisa who is my childhood best friend and also a witch, over to the pack house so that she can place a spell on the pack ground to prevent those sick rogues from getting to Ivy.

When Ivy got out of the bathroom and is making her way to the kitchen to make breakfast, I held her back and told her, "Remember what I told you about witches?" Ivy murmured a yes, "Today my childhood best friend, who is also a witch, is coming over to cast a spell to keep you safe. She should be here anytime soon so don't be afraid if you see an unfamiliar face."

"Okay. I'll make french toast for breakfast. See you later!" She hugged me and kissed my cheek before heading downstairs.

Ivy

As I was walking down, I could not help but wonder about Cameron's best friend. 'Was she nice? Does she like cameron? What does she look like? Is she...' My thoughts were interrupted when I saw a girl about 5'6 with dark red hair and brown eyes eating pizza. At 10am.

"Hey, are you Cameron's best friend?" I asked politely.

She screamed and dropped the slice of pizza in her hand. She then bent down to pick the pizza on the floor and continued to eat it.

"5 second rule, remember?" She said with her mouth full when she saw my disgusted face. "By the way, I'm Cameron's best friend, Marisa and he invited me over to cast a protection spell over you."

"How do you know that I'm Cam's mate? By the way, I'm Ivy and thank you so much for taking time off to come over to the pack house for me."

"No problem. Cameron told me a lot about you that's why I could recognise you straight away."

"He did?"

"Yeah he said that you are really beautiful, kind hearted, is his world and many others." I could feel my cheeks turning red already.

"Also, Cameron told all my embarrassing childhood stories to my ex boyfriend to make me feel embarrassed before. Hence, since revenge is sweet, I'm going to tell you some of his embarrassing stories."

"Sure," I replied as I walked around the kitchen getting the ingredients I need for the breakfast.

"Okay, so there was this time when we went to the park to have a picnic with together with our families, Cam was playing with a dog and halfway through it, the dog pooped on the floor. Cam thought it was chocolate."

She laughed before continuing, "He picked it up, showed it to his mum and said, "Mummy! Mummy! The doggy gave me chocolate." It was so hilarious. His mum even took a picture of it and we never let it go."

Marisa laughed so hard that it made me laugh as well. After awhile, we both got our breaths back and she continued on with the next story.

"Also, there was this time when we went shopping and I dared Cam to flirt with a really hot chick. Not only did the girl look unamused, after he winked at her and was about to leave, he rammed his body into a glass door." This time, she laughed so hard there were tears forming in her eyes.

Listening to Cam's embarrassing stories while cooking was really entertaining and funny but I could not help and feel a little jealous that I was not part of it.

Even though I'm his mate, the things I know about him is so little compared to what she knows about him and she is an immortal not like me. I'm only human...

'She will be a better beta female than I will ever be to this pack.' I dismissed the thought when Cam came down from his shower.

"So I see you have met Marisa." He said while wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my head.

"Yeap, I did and she told me many of your embarrassing moments. Maybe I should start calling you poop picker." I teased him.

He pouted and then carried our breakfast to the dining room. We continued chatting about things and as soon as we finished our breakfast, it was time to place the spell on the pack ground.

Marisa went to the kichen, took a bowl and some other ingredients from the refrigerator like apples, cherry tomato and others. I could not help but feel puzzled. What does fresh fruits got to do with spell making? Cam noticed that I was confused and said, "Witches use normal food products to make the spell not like how movies picture it to be... The greenish potion. They will then take their wand to absorb the essence from the ingredients and chant words in their language and that is how spells are created. Crazy, I know."

After Marisa gathered all the ingredients she needed, like what Cam said, Marisa took out her wand and started chanting in a foreign language. I could see white smoke coming out of the bowl. It moved around the house, and slowly engulfed the entire pack ground.

After Marisa stop chanting, you could see the fruits she used were all dried up and dead. "Woah, that is so cool!" I exclaimed.

"Yeap, it sure is." She then turned to Cam saying, "Anyways, do you want me to stay here for awhile so that I can protect Ivy from danger while you do your duties since there's no one around to protect her?"

"Well that sounds like a great idea. You can watch over Ivy while I do pack work in peace knowing that she is safe in your hands."

We all agreed to the suggestion and decided to spend the rest of the day gaming in the gaming room with Ashley and Blake.

***

Hey all! How was christmas? Did you have fun with your family and friends? I enjoyed myself a lot! Love the food, company of my family and most importantly the reason behind christmas <3 I hope that you had a great christmas!! Keep smiling stay happyyyyyy:))

-Melody