Chapter 3

Natalie's POV

"Oh my God!"

"Wake her up! Michael! What in the world - ? Oh my - what's going on-"

"Ahh!"

"Help us! Help us!"

"Get up! What's wrong-"

I opened my eyes to total chaos. The first thing I could think of was to scream. Then - where was I? I realized where I was - on a car, speeding 100 miles an hour, to a certain death.

"Oh my God!" someone's scream pierced my ear, "Nat! Nat-"

I realized what was going on. Where was Michael? My brain shifted into high gear. "Lilly!" I screamed back. I reached over to shake Michael. "Michael! What's going on-" my hands touched something wet and I jerked back.

"Holy - oh my God!" someone yelled. I whirled around, moments before the car hit something, spinning out of control, and I blacked out. 

"Natalie?"

A sharp white light blinked above me, and I groaned and lifted my hands up, trying to reach it.

"Natalie!" the voice was relieved, "Are you Natalie Pearson?"

"Nat-!" someone else screamed, and then I felt ice-cold hands on my arm.

"What-" I blinked and opened my eyes, clearing them. The figures were swimming in my vision. All I could make out was Lillian, standing in front of me. I couldn't see any clearer.

"You're awake. You're awake. You're okay," Lillian kept repeating. It was the only thing that was keeping me sane. I couldn't remember anything. Oh, wait - I could. Michael. Me waking up. The crash. Sara.

"Natalie, can you hear me?" a older voice asked.

"Y - yeah," I croaked, opening my eyes again. Everything was clearer now. I could see Lilly's face. There were bruises and cuts everywhere.

"You're okay." Without waiting for the doctor's permission, Lilly engulfed me in a long hug. I breathed in deeply, holding on to her.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

Lilly chewed her lip. "Carson and Joshua are over there," she said at last, in a faint voice, "But Michael and Sara are dead."