Date Night

NIGHTS LATER

Tonight was John's and Nikki's first date.

John had flown in to San Diego and surprised Nikki and they had agreed to have their date tonight.

Nikki was so nervous. She had changed outfits over ten times. She just didn't know what to wear.

In the end she decided on a nice Red dress with some Louboutin Heels to go with it. She grabbed her purse and she looked at herself in the mirror one last time and took a deep breath.

She heard a knock on her door and panic set in. She was so nervous. She was panicking. "Get it together Nicole." She told herself. She composed herself and went to the door and opened it. She smiled when she saw John.

He was dressed in a nice suit and had a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "For you." He said handing her the flowers.

Nikki smiled. "They're beautiful John." She said and he smiled. "Come on in, I'll put these in water." She said.

John smiled and followed her into her condo. While Nikki put the flowers in water John looked around her place.

Once Nikki was done she joined John in the living room. "Okay all done." She said, he smiled at her. "Okay then, lets go get some dinner." He said, Nikki smiled.

John held out his hand and Nikki smiled and took it and John interlocked their fingers together.

They walked down to his car and John being the gentleman that he is opened Nikki's door for her. She stepped into the car and she sat down and buckled up.

John got into the drivers seat and they headed off to the restaurant. The ride to the restaurant was in a comfortable silence. They were both just happy to be in each other's presence.

They arrived at the restaurant and got out and headed inside.

They were taken to a private table and they sat down. John ordered a nice bottle of champagne to start with and Nikki smiled. She loved champagne.

The waiter brought over the champagne and filled their glasses.

"To an amazing night together." John said holding his glass up. Nikki smiled and held hers up and they toasted to the evening.

"By the way you look absolutely stunning tonight." John said complimenting Nikki making her blush.

"Thankyou and you look so very handsome." She said, he smiled at her. They looked over their menus and they ordered their meals. Once their meals came they started eating and the conversation flowed.

"So Brie's in St. Louis with Orton?" John asked, Nikki nodded.

"Yeah she's meeting his family this weekend. She's so nervous about it." She said, John nodded.

"She doesn't need to be, the Orton's are amazing. They're like my second family." John said, Nikki smiled.

"Enough of them, tell me more about you." John said, Nikki smiled.

"Well as you know I'm a twin." She said making John laugh. "Tell me what gets you excited." He said, Nikki smiled.

"I love my family, they're my everything. I love work, I'm glad we're coming back I've missed it. I'm really into fitness. I've always wanted to have my own fitness line of clothes and everything." She said, he smiled.

"That's good. You could do it. You're so ambitious and you're such a strong woman." He said, John smiled. "Thanks, a lot of people don't see that when they look at me. They just see a model, a bimbo." She said.

"Well I don't. I see a strong, independent woman who is going to take over the world." He said, Nikki smiled at him.

She was glad that John saw who she really was inside.

"So how have things been with you?" Nikki asked.

"It's been tough. Everyone is in my business wondering about the divorce and everything, but its over and done with. It's something that I regret." He said.

"You regret ever getting married?" Nikki asked, John nodded.

"I do. She was the wrong woman for me." He said, Nikki smiled. "Would you like to dance?" John asked, Nikki smiled.

John stood up and took Nikki's hand and led her over to the dance floor and they swayed to the soft jazz music while holding one another close.

This date was perfect. They had opened up to one another.

They had some amazing food and champagne and to be here holding one another was perfect. It really was.

They finished dancing and went and shared a quick desert before leaving. They got into John's car and he drove them back to Nikki's place. They got there and John walked Nikki up to her door.

"Tonight was amazing. Thankyou for coming out with me." John said, Nikki smiled.

"Anytime. I had an amazing night John." She said. "So we can do this again sometime?" he asked her, Nikki nodded.

"Yes." She said, he smiled. He leaned forward and brushed a piece of Nikki's hair behind her ear and he leaned in and pressed his lips against Nikki's.

Nikki closed her eyes and kissed John back. It was a quick, soft, romantic kiss.

"I'll call you miss Bella." He said. Nikki giggled and gave him a kiss on the cheek before heading inside.

She was so happy. The date with John had been amazing. She stood there against the door and did a little happy dance.

She was happy.

Very happy.

TBC