Chapter ONE

**AUTHORS NOTE** Please excuse the lack of cover, Wattpad deleted my entire story today and I had to reupload. Will have the cover again tonight when I am out of work. The cover shows the two main characters (Angela Tarantino and Valentino Lucchese) so you get an idea of what they look like. Thank you

I stayed as still as I could while Liam taped the wire to my torso, taking extra care to make sure nothing was too visible. I shivered in the cold locker room, my skin pricked with goosebumps, Liam's fingertips lightly brushed my skin, the sensation made me shutter.

He smiled, "Hmm hold still, this has to be perfect."

I nodded, "I know, its hard with the constant tickling." I stood there in my bra, feeling completely naked even though I wasn't. The heat was rising in my cheeks, I could tell Liam was checking me out. He kept averting his eyes, and avoiding my gaze.

I laughed as I made eye contact with him. "See something you like?" I teased

This made Liam visibly nervous and he fumbled with the tape, dropping it at my feet as he scrambled to catch it.

I couldn't help but giggle, "Aww come on Liam, you're taking too long and I have...." I glanced up at the clock, it was a quarter to 9pm. "Fifteen minutes to be ready to go meet this informant.... Does she know I am a cop?"

Liam shook his head, "No, she believes you're another informant looking for a job. I didn't tell her you would be informing, just that you fell on hard times and you needed help and didn't want any from us." he shrugged as he finished putting the wire on me. "I told her I owed you a personal favor."

I turned my back on Liam and quickly pulled my shirt back over my head, relieved that I wasn't exposed anymore.

I nodded. "Perfect, the less she knows the better."

Liam started putting the tape and a few others contraptions back in the case, he had seemed aggravated and sad all day. I knew it was because I was leaving, I knew he felt like I was abandoning him. But I needed this, I needed to be able to say that I strove for what I wanted. being a detective was my dream and I planned on making it a reality.

I tilted my head as I studied Liam, "Please don't be upset that I am leaving, this is exactly what I wanted, you should be happy for me." I chewed on my lower lip nervously, hoping he could see this was a good thing.

Liam glanced at the clock and back at me, "Its time to go Angie, Luis is probably out front waiting for you already." I looked at the clock, it read 9pm, Liam was good at evading and I had to leave so any rebuttal I had would have to wait.

I made my way toward the door, slapping my hand against the door frame as I exited the chilly locker room. Liam yelled after me, "Angie, lets go for dinner this week. Kind of like a last Hoorah before I lose you forever." He smirked in a joking manner but I could tell my absence was pulling at his heart strings.

I didn't bother to turn, I simply said "Yes." and ran up the stairs and through the front entrance of the station.

When I saw Luis' white Sonata I ran to the door and threw myself into the back seat. The car hadn't warmed up yet and I could see my breathe. I held myself tightly trying to keep warm in the scantily clad outfit I had to wear for the sake of coming off as authentic.

"Jesus Angie, what the hell were you thinking coming out with no coat." He looked at the thermostat on the dashboard, then proceeded to point and gesture "10 degrees Ange! are you looking to freeze to death."

I scoffed at him, "Yeah I wasn't thinking Luis, now drive this bad boy so we can use the heat before I lose some limbs to frost bite." I teased, it only seemed to make him more annoyed with me.