Chapter TWO

When I awoke my head was killing me, I tried to sit up but quickly stumbled back to the mattress I was laying on.

"Relax, the sedative hasn't worn off." A large man sat at the edge of the bed playing with the blade of a small pocket knife. I eyed the knife nervously, I didn't think I'd be abducted. I thought I'd meet them and get dropped off at my new job that's all.

I did as I was told and I laid back down against the mattress. "My name is Angela.... Who are you?" I asked.

The man smirked at my question, he paused as if wondering if he should tell me his name. "I am Marco, Marco Bruno...." He maintained his cold demeanor and didn't try to further our conversation.

"Where am I?" I asked as I rolled over on my side to get a better look at him.

Marco was above average height, he had dark brown hair that shrouded his face and warm chocolate brown eyes. He was pretty muscular and all American looking but that isn't what held my attention, the knife he twiddled between his fingers was my main focus.

Marco noticed my gaze on the knife, he rolled his eyes and flipped the blade back into its sleeve and retired it to his pocket.

"I am here to make sure you wake up." He stood "And now you have." He started making his way to the door.

"Wait!" I yelled behind him. "Am I a prisoner?" I said as I started to get up.

Marco shook his head and walked through the door, leaving it open behind him.

"What is this? a test?" I whispered to myself as I walked to the entrance and peered around the frame to see if anyone was lurking outside.

When I didn't see anyone I cautiously walked into the small hallway. I had to be in an apartment because when I exited the room, there was a small eat in kitchen on my left.

I walked down the hall toward the dining table that was pressed against the wall, I was right, this was a kitchen and a tiny living room was situated after the kitchen. I eyed the door, this had to be the exit.

Marco appeared from the room down the hall which I assumed was a bathroom.

"This is your apartment, your new job is a few houses down. I'll be back at 8:00am to pick you up for work. Your uniform is in the top drawer, in the dresser." Marco started for the door.

I glanced at the digital clock on the microwave, 3:00. I looked out the window and it was still dark. I sighed as I looked around the room, there was very simple furniture.

I had a couch, a small TV. A kitchen with a stove and a microwave. The bedroom at least had a dresser and I had toilet paper and paper towels in the bathroom linen cabinet.

Apparently I was starting work in a few hours so I decided to try to go back to sleep, I was still groggy from whatever I was given. I cuddled into the unfamiliar bed, pulling the covers up to my chin. I closed my eyes and laid there, hoping sleep would take over.

I was so nervous, I really didn't expect things to go down the way they had and it wasn't comforting in the least to be alone. My heart ached for Liam, why had I slept with him? Not only was I sure it made Liam hurt for me, but it was also tearing me up inside. My mind danced over the many lovely memories I had with Liam, this helped me relax and settle in.

8:00am arrived a lot quicker than I thought. The alarm clock had been set for me and promptly went off at 6:30am. I wasn't expecting the disturbance and fell out of bed when it went off, I cracked the back of my head against the wall beside the bed.

"Shit!" I yelled, my hand instinctively shooting to the pain. I crawled back across the bed and shut the alarm off. I figured I might as well freshen up for my first day.