Contain and Unleashing: Part 2

Kanan POV
It's been close to two hours since we crashed. Most of us just had a couple scratches and brusies here and there.

Zeb had scraps up and down his forearms and right thigh. Sabine had some on her thigh, a split lip, and a bruise on her left cheek. Hera had a cut on her forehead, but other then that she was completely fine. I had couple bruised ribs and a twisted ankle. The blood was fresh, but was only halfway done drying.

My main concern though was Ezra. He had moved as faraway from Zeb as he possible could with his injuries. The boy had deep gashes cut from metal on his left side just below his ribs, his right knee had been dislocated, his lip split, and a cut through his right eyebrow.

But what really worried me was his behavior. He was blanking out and everytime someone spoke to him he would rapidly shake his head before giving his attention, he was really jumpy, and everytime we heard a noise from any directions around us from where we sat around the fire he would glare at the ground and would tilt or turn his head an inch to were his ear faced towards the sound. Sometimes he would even do it and there was never a noise and every now and then would tilt his head up towards the sky closing his eyes as he inhaled deeply through his nose and then would go back to glaring at the ground.

"I need something to eat!", Zeb grumbled as he frowned and continued to wrap his forearm.

"Well we got nothing. So you'll just have to wait for now until we can figure something out." Hera sighed putting her head in her hands, Chopper lightly patting her knee.

I sighed watching the team sit in silence. Then everyone froze when Ezra spoke for the first time since we crashed, "There's a field just north from here." as he looked up through his lashes.

Hera, Sabine, and I stared shocked before Zeb hissed "And how do you know we'd find something there and that theres a field anyway?!" as he pushed himself up from the log he had been using as a stool.

Ezra's head snapped up as he used the tree he was laying against to push himself up. Wincing as he placed preasure on the once dislocated knee. Standing as straight as he possible could he gave Zeb a glare that could kill as he said with confidence, "I just know and where there's a field, then there's wild life."

We could all tell he was weak, but was stronger then he should be in his condition. His legs didn't even shake as he stood, but we know he was in pain just by the way he clentched his jaw and grinded his teeth as he spoke.

Zeb stood straight staring down into his glazed over eyes as Sabine came up and started to step into Ezra's personal space.

"You just know. You can't just know somethings there, Ezra. And even if there is wild life how would we even get it?" she frowned pointing toward the smashed ship, "Zeb's rifle is damaged, my blasters are broken, and Hera's, Kanan's, and your weapons are on the ship! Which I'll remind you - IS DESTROYED!" sudden rage took over Sabine as she firmly placed her hands against his chest and shoved, "So tell us Ezra! How the hell is there a chance of survival!" she screamed as Ezra back hit against the tree using his left arm to hold him up against it and it was obvious to see that anger burned in his eyes.

What happened next shocked us all.

Ezra's eyes flashed quickly from blue to a bright autum orange as his pupils became slitted and a deep aggressive growl rumbled in his throat. Sabine jumped back as Zeb pulled her behind him, growling in return ears flattening against his head.

I watched the event about to step in when Zeb stopped growling and his ears raised to listen behind him. His eye widened as he looked at me.

Then it clicked. Ezra wasn't growling at Sabine. He was growling at what ever was behind them in the brush.

Zeb looked at Ezra as he stopped growling to whisper, "Caro Comedenti." The language gave Ezra a deep and rough sound to his voice.

"And what would that mean, Ezra?" Hera whispered as she stood slowly looking around.

Everyone watched Ezra worriedly as he whispered in anger, "Caro Comedenti or their better known as Flesh Eaters."

A branch snapped form the left and then another from the right, which caused Ezra to go ridged.

I stood slowly, "Ezra?"

Looking around franticly he whispered in disbelief, "There's two. They never hunt in pairs. They are aggressive toward their own kind. I've seen some eat their own."

A huge growl came from infront of us, causing us to snap around toward the sounds as Hera whispered to Ezra, "If they don't hunt togther then why are these pairing?"

"I don't know, but we're out numbered."

Zeb looked over his shoulder as he frowned in confusion "There's TWO of them and there's SIX of us, including Chopper. So how are we out numbered?"

"Just one is stronger then six men combined. So two is like fighting twelve men." Ezra hissed as he stood infront of the girls as an aggressive growl and red eyes peered through the brush.

Ezra gave a deep aggressive growl as he bearded his teeth to show the two sharp canines he had grown.

Sabine cleared her throat before whispering "Now that we know what 'they' are. What the hell are you?!"

Before he could answer Ezra charged forward as one of the 'they' attacked. It happened in a blur. The figure hit a tree hard causing dust to stir off the ground. When the dust cleared I couldn't believe my eyes...

Sabine POV
Sharp teeth...the first thing I saw was teeth like knives. Anyone could see that those teeth were made for slaughtering innocents. It's body was long a flexible like an Otter, an earth creature. It's snout was pushed in and it snorted and wheezed as it panted. It's eyes were black like tar and it's tail was like a whip.

It's body was low to the ground as it digged its claws in the dirt licking its lips. The horrifying monster was shocking, but it was not as shocking as to how fearless Ezra stood in front of it. Ezra snarled as it tried to step toward us.

I suddenly felt guilty for even thinking Ezra would hurt me...hurt us.

Zeb POV
We couldn't believe what we were seeing. The kid just rammed a beast bigger then myself. I stayed infront of the girls as battle continued.

We watched and froze in horror as the beast threw Ezra against the nearest tree. I stood talker even though I was afraid as the beast approched. Gums pulled back and a loud snarl falling from it's lips as I looked it in the eyes.

Lunging the beast violently was ripped back as dust stirred from the ground as Ezra grabbed hold of it's tail throwing the creature into several thick trees. The trees falling on top of the beast.

We watched Ezra stand straight as the monster stood slowly, but instead of the horrifying monster it was a man.

Ezra snarled and growled as the man shoulders started to tremble with laughter.

"Oh, my dear boy." the man stood straight and tipped his head of gray hair back laughing, "Or should I say 'Prince'." snarling like the word was poison on his tongue.
Ezra snarled at the sight of a piercing crimson eyes, a pair of four scars acrossed his right eye, a teasing smirk, broad shoulders, as the man turned around, the sound of branches breaking as the man stepped forward teasingly as he mocked.

"The 'brave'  and 'fearless'  'Prince' of Starling." he laughed as if he said the most humorous joke. Then in an instant moment he was serious, "I remeber when you were just a 'pup'." articulating his words as he continued, "You were so 'young'. Sooooo 'unloved'."

Ezra's anger seemed to faulter at the man's words. His snarl turning into a distanced look. His hands falling open from fists, his shoulders slumped, and I couldn't believe how easily he was letting his guard down.

"Now I know your not the 'Prince' and you don't wish to be, but I do know that you care about him more then anything. Your even closer to the 'royal' then his best friend." a devilish smirk came to his face.

"You're his 'doctor'." the man sneer.

To Be Continued...