04

nirvana ★彡 04

Today, Calum wasn't acting. He was in an uplifting mood and his heart beats fastened in the abrasive, cold weather. His arms attempted to create friction within his burgundy, wool knitted sweater which he loved a lot. It left traces of a lavender and thyme fragrance which always made him sniff his intricate sleeves.

He sat at a lunch table in the far corner of the cafeteria, envious eyes gravitating towards the finger nail etched seats that Calum was sitting in. Calum felt so special to be at the most raved about lunch area in the school. Although he was on fairly good terms with everyone, he used his kindness to shield out most of the ignorant people that walked across the identical concrete as him. It was a highly requested privilege, and his only desire was to have the people he loved the most sit next to him.

His friends Nico, Ameri, Brandon, and Katrina surrounded Calum in an aligned semicircle. Instantly, he felt at ease when around his socially educated friends. They made him feel appreciated, but his most valuable secrets could destroy everything he had if they ever found out.

"Hello," Calum exclaimed, showing an exasperated grin on his tan lips.

"Hi Cal!" Katrina smiled while pinching Calum's left cheek.

Nico, Ameri, and Brandon ran their eyes to the right noticing Katrina's peculiarity. She had been acting super odd since the announcements regarding the Spring Formal floated upon the school. Calum had to be completely clueless if he didn't already know she was going to ask him. Katrina lifted up the metal, cheap material chair and placed it two inches closer to her obvious, yet oblivious fling," So Calum, what score did you receive on the ecology test?"

"Uh, a ninety eight percent. What about you guys?" Calum stated uncomfortably, eagerly attempting to add everyone who was just in an exclusion in which Katrina had planned.

Brandon sighed, running his bony fingers through his porcupine textured hair," An eight seven. Damn, it was hard."

Ameri and Nico shouted under their condensed air breaths," A ninety five,"

"Wow Calum, you're so smart!" Katrina complimented, her mind long disappearing into his void of soil shaded pupils.

Calum, Katrina, Ameri, Nico, and Brandon had all been put in the same science class and created a special bond. They all particularly had intellectual abilities planted into their galaxy colored veins, and we're bound to get along. But, besides Brandon rather revealing cliquish qualities with the jocks, Calum was the one their group looked up to.

"Haha, thank you Kat," Calum nodded, realizing the strange topic of this conversation. They were all in the same class, shouldn't they all know what scores they had all gotten?He looked at Katrina and smiled. She smelled faintly of sensual amber and settle citrus, the pleasurable aroma running up Calum's nostrils. Instead of talking about how smart Calum was, which he already knew by the way, he wanted to ask Katrina what shop she bought the fragrance from. Victoria Secret?

"Anything for you, Calum. I hate to end our conversation, but I need to attend Model U.N," Katrina frowns and retrieves napkins from the table and places them into her lunch box. Katrina never asked so strange.

Katrina dismisses herself as the awkward environment softens in the heartfelt weather. Every single one of Calum's friends are silent and he starts to giggle," What's going on? Why was today's lunch so quiet? You guys are usually yapping a storm?"

"Oh my god, Calum. You're so clueless as to what's going on," Ameri laughs along with Calum.

"Katrina has the hugest crush on you. And if anything, she'll be asking you out to the Spring Formal that's coming up next year," Nico adjusts the blurriness on the lenses of the glasses he was wearing.