Character Profile 2: Michael Grace

Ah, Michael. Probably my favourite out of the five.

Michael's character was the second one I came up with. His original name was going to be either Edmund or Louis, but I thought that he could be named after Michael Yew for this looks.

Michael originally was going to be an unlikable character. Arrogant, bossy, demanding and just a hint of anger management issues was only the start. He was powerful and strong, fearless and a warrior at heart, but then I thought to myself: 'nah, he needs to be more brotherly', because why not?

And so I came up with my plan. Michael only has one sibling, as his mother Piper had three miscarriages. But he also had a twin that died at birth. Michael doesn't know about his twin, so instead he's lived most of his life as a single child, as him and Mia were born six years apart.

The problem that I had with Michael was that he wasn't humane enough. One of my original plans was that he would get together with Zoe but be controlling with her, so she eventually cheated on him, and when Michael found out he would turn into an abusive boyfriend.

Yet after many weeks of trying to write Lies, I realised that Michael was more of a brotherly character and he supported Zoe and the others. He's still a bit arrogant and fearless, but that's why I admire him. He's strong, and he has his flaws (as you will see much later on in Truth because I haven't really expanded on them much yet).

But please, read on and enjoy the interview:

Interviewer: So, Michael, how are you?

Michael: I'm fine. *fidgets* Though these seats are uncomfortable. Never mind, I'm fine.

Interviewer: That's nice. How are your friends?

Michael: They're good. But Zoe worries me a bit. After the quests, she's been a bit more closed up. Sammy and Alex are probably the only ones who actually succeed in cheering her up, but otherwise we've been fine.

Interviewer: In what ways have they changed?

Michael: Well, Sammy and Alex spend most of their time together now, but Charlie shocks me the most. I feel like I'm not as jealous of him now, but he's also grown on me. Zoe, however, still seems like the same girl who I met at the campfire back at Camp Half-Blood all those weeks ago. *chuckles*

Interviewer: How has your life been since Tartarus?

Michael: A bit shaky, ya know? I've survived the deepest pit in Hell, and yet my life is full of unexpected twists and turns. But otherwise, life's been good.

Interviewer: You saved Olympus, Michael, how much more do you think you can do in your lifetime?

Michael: Not a lot. But you never know. Tomorrow I could be lying dead on the street, or I could be getting married. You never know. *laughs*

Interviewer: Do you deny any reports that Alexandra and Samuel are going out?

Michael: Well, I don't, actually. They've been close for a while now, so I'm pretty sure they're dating. But don't tell them I said that.

Interviewer: *grins* Right. How is your sister Mia doing?

Michael: She's good. Just peachy. *sighs* the Apollo cabin back at camp are working out a way to restore her eyesight, so she should be better soon.

Interviewer: Well, that's all we have time for. Thank you, Michael, for answering the questions.

Michael: *stands up* Finally! Out of that horrible chair! Oh, and thanks.

Full name: Michael Edmund Grace

Nickname (&origin/who created it): Mike, by parents

Birth date: 28th January

Place of birth: Camp Half-Blood

Ethnic background: Cherokee, Roman, Grecian

Religion: greek (gods)

Current address: Camp Half-Blood

(Mortal) parents: Jason and Piper Grace

(Godly) parents: none

Relationship status: single

Crush/es: Zoe Jackson (formerly)

Occupation:
-demigod/legacy
-athlete

Favourite:
-Colour: red
-Food: strawberries
-Day of the week: Friday

Height: 5"6

Eye colour (glasses?): multi-coloured, no glasses

Hair colour/style: shaggy, blonde.

Clothes / & preferences: likes casual clothing; jeans and jackets

Powers: mind-reader, can change people's emotions, can control small winds (formerly),

Title: Michael Grace, Son of Piper McLean and Jason Grace, One of The Great Five