Chapter 1

"Vinnie,sweetie wake up

"Vinnie,sweetie wake up.It's rise and shine time honey."Vinnie's mother called from downstairs as she went about preparing breakfast for her husband and daughter.

Vinnie knowing that if she didn't hurry to go down her mother would be up and then yet another session of questions like 'oh honey are you OK?you're not ill,are you?everything fine at school?was somebody rude with you at work?I've told you a thousand times you don't need to work honey,it's our job to provide you with all the comfort in this world.'
Just thinking about it made Vinnie shudder.She brushed her teeth,showered and dressed as fast as she could and was downstairs.

She peeped in the kitchen and as always her father was at the dinning table enjoying his usual morning routine of reading the paper and eating pancakes.Her mother was at the stove preparing even more pancakes, probably for her.

Vinnie was in no mood to be the part of this extremely boring ritual of every morning so she decided to sneak out quietly but was caught doing so by her mom.
"Honey,are you off to school without saying good bye ?and you haven't eaten your breakfast,you will be groggy all day and won't be able to perform to your best."

Defeated,Vinnie walked in to the kitchen "oh no mommy, how could I do such a thing, you have brought me up nicely.I was just looking to see if Anna was here".Wether or not her mother got the hint of sarcasm she didn't let it show.

"Have a few pancakes my little princess, they are delicious.I will drop you to school on my way to work." Mr.Connor tried to cheer his daughter up but it back fired.
"No thank you daddy,I would only take a glass of orange juice,just looking at pancakes makes me sick and I am in college now not school also your princess is not little any more and no I prefer going with Anna I don't want to be declared daddy's girl permanently."
The last time her dad went with Vinnie he kissed her good bye in front of the whole college reducing her popularity to minus 7 according to the Trinity Boulevard College popularity poll.
"Oh sweetie,you should have told me that,let me make you a sandwich." Her mother concerned always only with what to feed her family chimed in.

Just then a horn sounded from outside.Vinnie's saviour of every morning Anna was here to save her yet again from her misery.
" Good bye mommy,good bye daddy."and before her parents could assault her with good bye kisses she was out.