Chapter 5

"There is no way I am going anywhere with you

"There is no way I am going anywhere with you." Vinnie said sternly.
"Don't worry it's my treat."Michael teased her.
" It's not that I am worried about paying my bill,"Vinnie gawked at him"I never went home late from work."
"Well there is a first time for everything."said Michael.
Vinnie started protesting but stopped,thinking she will look like a little kid desperate to go to her parents.
" Here we are."Michael said,getting out of the car.
"Why don't you just tell me what your important matter is and drop me home,do we really have to go inside?" Vinnie asked.
"No we don't, but I recommend going in.Remaining here in the car can give others wrong ideas."
By now Michael was at the passenger side of the car and had opened the door for Vinnie.She had no other option but to get out.

They found a table by the far corner and sat. Michael called for a waiter.
"I am not hungry,please tell whatever you want to tell ." Vinnie protested.
"You should try the coffee cake here.It is so moist, it feels like it's melting in your mouth." Michael said ignoring her protest.

A waiter came by their table for their orders.
"What would you like today ,Mr.Michael?" he asked.
Vinnie noticed that the waiter addressed Michael by his first name,once Michael had given the order and the waiter was gone,she asked,"The waiter know your name,you come here often?"
"You can say that.It's one of my favorite places to eat at." Michael said.
Suddenly he became dead serious,"I have an offer for you."he said.
Vinnie thought he was offering her a job at the company where he worked,but he said something entirely different to that.
"Last night,I told you that I have a grand mother.She is very dear to me and had always been there for me,she had an infection in her liver.The doctors have suggested transplantation but she will not agree for the operation,unless I get married. "

Their coffee cakes arrived,they smelt heavenly. Once the waiter was out of ear shot Michael continued,"Would you marry me?"