Chapter 4

Vinnie laid in her bed that night thinking about her chance meeting with Michael

Vinnie laid in her bed that night thinking about her chance meeting with Michael.She wondered how much of what he had told her about himself was true?He can't be an MD,can he?He doesn't looked liked one.
At last,amid such thoughts,Vinnie slipped into sweet slumber around midnight.
...............
"Miss Connor!Enjoying your nap?" Madam Jane snapped Vinnie out of her dream,she was dancing with Michael to a slow melody,their bodies close together. "A classroom is no place to sleep, pay attention!"
"Huh?". Vinnie asked absent mindedly but Madam Jane,her accounts teacher, was already busy boring her students again.
" You were sleeping,buddy."Anna said from next to her.It was Anna's favorite subject but Vinnie disliked accounting from her first day at college.Calculations and numbers were always hard for her to understand,she was never good at maths.Madam Jane's rudeness and cold attitude towards students was an icing on the cake.
Vinnie chose Business Studies because she wanted to pursue her career in marketing,just like Michael.
" Why am I thinking so much about Michael?",Vinnie scolded herself in her mind,"He is gone,we are never going to meet again!"
..............
"Hello Madam Connor,your ride is here." Michael beamed from his car which was parked right at the entrance of the burger joint Vinnie was exiting after completing her day's shift.
Vinnie could not believe she met him again,that too the very next day!
"How, how did you know I work here?" She stammered still amazed to see him there.
"Simple,I followed you." Micheal replied grinning from ear to ear.
"You were stalking me?I think you are an MD in a reputed firm, you have time for this nonsense?" Vinnie quipped at Michael.
"Aww c'mon,get in the car already." Michael said.
"Why should I?Just go away."
"We need to talk." Michael said simply.
"What about?" Vinnie asked out of curiosity.
"Get in the car and I will tell you."
Vinnie considered not going with Michael but curiosity got the best of her and she got in the car.
"Now,Mr.Michael what is it that you want to talk to me about?"
"Call me Mike", Michael said in his flirty tone,
"Would you like to eat something?You must be hungry."
"No thank you.Please drop me home ,my dad must be back from work and my parents would be waiting for me.They don't eat dinner without me"
Vinnie silently cursed herself for not listening to her brain when it warned her not to get in the car.
"There is a nice deli nearby,we can go there.I need to discuss something very important with you."was Michael's reply.