Chapter 13

Michael could not get leave from work on such short notice and there were no tickets available of any immediate flights bound for Switzerland,so to Vinnie's displeasure, they had to delay their honeymoon

They spent the first week of their marriage in getting to know each other.

                                     ...............

"Would you take coffee or juice,Sir?"The air hostess asked Michael,politely with a smile.
" Coffee.Thank you."Michael replied,smiling back.
"And you ,Madam?"The air hostess asked,turning towards Vinnie.
" When will this plane land?I can't wai..."Vinnie started saying but Michael interrupted her.
"Apple juice for her,please."He said.

                                    .................

It was already late when Vinnie and Michael  reached their hotel,so they decided to call room service and have dinner in their room.
It was a spacious room containing a master bed ,a large dressing table,a full length mirror, a couch and a wardrobe.It also had an attached bath.

" I am sleepy,lets call it  a night."Michael said, getting under the bed covers.

                                     ................

" You coming in or shall I come out?" Michael warned ,playfully splashing water on Vinnie,who was sitting by a side of the swimming pool of their hotel.
"But it is too deep,I might drown." Vinnie protested.
"Oh c'mon,damsel in distress,your knight in shining armor is here to protect you."Michael said dramatically, spreading his arms and flashing a smile of perfect white teeth.

                                     .................

"You okay?"Michael asked,looking at the disgusted expression on Vinnie's face.
" Yeah,yeah I am fine."Vinnie said,putting a hand on her mouth, as if to stop her lunch from coming out.
"You don't look fine to me,at all." Michael said,worried.
"I don't want to spoil the fun for you but I feel kinda sick,may be renting a boat to explore lake Zurich was not a good idea."

                                    ..................

"I am bored to death." Michael said ,making a face
and got a stern glare from Vinnie for his remarks.
They were at the Swiss National Museum on her request.
"What?Don't look at me like that."Michael said," I am not a history person."
Vinnie opened her mouth to say something but Michael said before her,"Lets head to this restaurant,it's called Da Capo,"Michael said consulting the guide book in his hand,"It's not far from here."

                                   .................

"Have you ever been horse riding?" Michael asked Vinnie,plucking a flower and placing it in her hair.
"Yes,once.With my parents,when I was young." Vinnie replied,remembering."I liked it. "
They were sprawled on a blanket,surrounded by roses in Rosengarten,Bern.
A picnic basket containing egg sandwiches, grapes, orange juice and cheese pie was placed on a bench nearby.

                                    ...................

"This is fun!" Vinnie exclaimed,laughing and tightening her grip on Michael's hands.
Her hair were flying in the air.
Michael increased the speed,even more.
With each gallop of the black horse they were riding, Vinnie pushed closer to Michael, until her back was touching his chest.
"Would you like to do this again tomorrow, sweetheart?"  Michael whispered in her ear and kissed Vinnie on the neck,sending a chill down her spine.

                                      ....................

Michael and Vinnie were standing on the  beach of Lake Morat,hand in hand,watching  the sun set as it slowly disappeared beneath the horizon.
Neither of them said a word.
Each drenched in the beautiful scene ahead of them,thinking their own thoughts.

                                     ......................

"Why is your stuff still not packed?" Michael asked Vinnie,picking a scarf from the chair and handing it to her, "We have an early flight tomorrow. "
"But we have been here for only two days."
Vinnie complained,pouting.
"Those were two weeks, baby." Michael said, pinching her cheeks adorably.

In these two weeks,Michael and Vinnie had been to the Chapel Bridge,enjoyed chair lift ride on Mount Pilatus, bought souvenirs to take back with them for their families and Anna, visited Cathedral Norte Dame and Chilon Castle.
In fact,they visited all those places that were worth visiting,in Switzerland.
It was a memorable trip for both of them.