Chapter 4

Rin was having the best sleep he had ever had in his life. The bed was soft, warm, and large. The pillow was comfortable and the small movements it made did nothing to take away that comfort, in fact they enhanced it... Wait, movements?! Rin quickly sat up. He looked down to see that he had been sleeping on Amaimon's chest. "So, you're awake now Rin?" "You tell anyone about this, and I kill you. Got it?" Rin growled at Amaimon almost as if to add to the point. "Okay. Now, why don't you lay back down." "And why the hell should I?" "Because you are still obviously fatigued. That and I believe humans use rest as a form of recuperation." Rin begrudgingly layed back down next to Amaimon, who pulled him closer. After a small complaint, the half demon layed his head back on the others chest. After a few moments Amaimon began to stroke Rin's hair. "Hey Amaimon?" "Yes Rin?" "Where are we?" "In an apartment Mephisto gave me to put my souvenirs of Assiah. I don't usually spend my time here, but I thought it would be appropriate for the situation." "Oh, yeah. Thanks for helping me. I have another question." "And what is it?" "How am I sick?" "I believe it's because your powers are sealed. When you were younger, you may have healed slightly faster than a human, but you still had your abilities sealed in that sword, leaving you open to get a human disease. After you released the Koma Sword from its scabbard, you awakened your demonic powers. Because this sickness had embedded itself into years before the full regenerative abilities of a demon could kick in, you are stuck with said illness. Make sense?" "Yeah, it does. Thanks for explaining that. I haven't been able to understand it since I first found out I was a demon." After that, a comfortable silence came between the two. Amaimon continued to pet Rin's hair and Rin, without realizing it, started to nuzzle into Amaimon's chest. "Rin, you do realize that if you fully excepted your demonic nature you could live right?" "I couldn't give up being human! Or , the closest thing someone like me could get. I saw the reactions of my friends when I got my control back, after the time you tried to kill me on that camping trip. I don't want them to go through that again. " "Okay. I was just letting you know it's a option. " This time, the silence remained. Rin absorbed the information he was just given. He didn't need to be as smart as Yukio to understand what had just been said. Rin fell asleep again while pondering these thoughts.