Chapter 1

I was seven years old, sitting with my best friend, whose name is Harry.

"One day, I want to travel the world," I say in fascination to him. "You can come with me if you want!"

"Okay!" He replies, grinning widely. "We can see the whole wide world together!"

- - - - -

Year 4

"Do you want to play a game with me, Harry?" I ask him on the playground.

"Like what?" He asks.

"I don't know," I reply. "The monkey bars are cool. Let's race to see who can get to the other side faster!"

- - - - -

Year 6

"I don't like running. You always win," I tell Harry with a pout. "It isn't fair."

Harry grins. "Maybe next time I'll run with you. We can be running buddies. How about that?"

I instantly brighten up.  "Sure!" I exclaim. "As long as I don't feel so slow."

"No, you're one of the fastest runners in our year! Don't call yourself slow, you're fine just the way you are!" Harry tells me.

I smile at him. "Thank you," I say.

- - - - -

Year 8

"Do you like school?" I ask Harry one day during lunch.

"Well, yeah, it's fun and you get to hang out with a lot of your friends!" He replies. "Why?"

"I don't know..." I reply. "I find that it's confusing. Either I don't have many friends or people just don't like me."

"A lot of people like you, Calypso! You just don't see how many people adore you and want to be you! Just look at that girl over there." He points out a girl behind me across the cafeteria.

"I'm pretty sure she's looking at you," I tell him. "I mean, you're pretty good looking and cute."

"So you're saying you fancy me?" He asks, grinning.

"No, no!" I exclaim, blushing. "Not that I don't fancy you, but... I don't know! Stop making me feel so awkward Harry!" I laugh. "Well you're my best friend, why would I not like you?"

- - - - -

Year 10

"School is so hard," I complain to Harry while running an hand through my hair. "I don't understand like ninety nine percent of what we're learning." I laugh.

"That's okay!" Harry replies, laughing. "Here, I'll help you with your homework."

A couple of girls in the library look at Harry, but then see that I am with him. They give me dirty looks.

Oh god, I think they're jealous.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asks me, looking at my eyes. He turns around to see where I'm looking at.

"No, nothing's wrong! It's totally fine!" I say, smiling.

"Well, if you say so," he replies, smiling back at me. "Are you sure though?"

"Yeah, I'm sure," I tell him, nodding. "Everything's alright."

"Alright," he says. "But you know I'm here for you, no matter what, right?" He leans over and hugs me.

"I know," I reply, smiling and hugging him back.

- - - - -

Year 11