Chapter 2

I drive back home from my job at the coffee shop. Finally some time to rest!

It's year 13—well, the end of it. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Harry, on the other hand, knows exactly what he wants to do. He wants to sing; he's applied for X Factor. I've heard him sing before, and he has a very sweet voice. I could listen to him sing forever.

I arrive at my house, and park the car in the driveway. I get out and walk to the front door, unlocking it with my keys. I go inside, close the door, and immediately start the long walk to my bedroom.

What a relief after such a long day.

Being a barista at the coffee shop is not an easy job—at least for me. You have to get everybody's orders correct and you have to make their drink quickly. It has to be presentable, too. You also have to deal with all the grouchy and bad-tempered customers, too.

I fall onto my bed, and just lay there for a few minutes. "I'm so tired," I say into my pillow.

After a while, I recollect myself and sit up, leaning my back against the headboard with some pillows between the headboard and I. I take my laptop and turn it on, and go straight to my music. I click on "Shuffle," and music instantly flows out of the computer. I lay it down on the other side of my bed near the foot, and grab my backpack, which is lying on the floor. I take out all my binders of different subjects, and start doing my homework.

- - - - -

At around 9 o'clock, I close my textbook and insert my papers into the pocket of my binder, and put both the textbook and binder into my backpack. I retrieve my laptop from its position on the foot of my bed, and turn off the music. I close the laptop and put my phone into my back pocket. I walk out of the room to go downstairs to make myself some food—I'm super hungry!

I walk to the kitchen and open the refrigerator. Nothing. I open the freezer. Nothing either. Why don't we have any food that I actually want to eat? I check the pantry to see if there's anything suitable for me to eat for dinner. Nope, nothing. I sigh in defeat after I've searched the three places again, and plop down onto the sofa. When is my mom and dad going to be home? 

Oh, I know! I can just order some pizza. It won't do any harm. I take the house phone, and dial the number of my favourite pizza place. It rings a few times, and someone picks up.

"Yeah, hi, can I order a Hawaiian and a margherita pizza?" I ask the person on the line.

"Sure, that'll be £18," the person says.

"Okay, thank you," I say. I tell the person my address, and in about fifteen to twenty minutes the delivery guy will be here with my pizzas.

- - - - -

I just closed the front door of my house, taking the pizzas into the kitchen and placing them on the counter. What time is it? I look at the time on the stove. It's around 10 P.M. Not too late. My parents should be getting back from work very soon.

As if I'm some sort of wizard, I hear the garage door opening and closing, meaning my parents have come home from work.

"Hi Mom, hi Dad!" I exclaim as they walk through the door to the garage. "I bought some pizzas for us!"

"Aw, sweetie, you didn't have to do that," my mom replies, smiling. She puts her coat on the hanger and strides gracefully over to the kitchen. "Smells heavenly!"

My dad lays down his stuff on the nearby counter. "Thanks, Cal," he says, grinning.

"You're welcome!" I exclaim, smiling back at him. I go over to the cabinet that is attached against the wall, and take out three plates. "Here you go," I say as I hand my mom a plate, doing the same with my dad. They both thank me and get their slices of pizza, while I get mine.

Walking in the WindOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara