Chapter 1

(Sam's P.O.V.)

I was shaking in the cage they held me in. Needles, knives, test. This is crazy! No, insane! I have to run from this terrible place. But, how?

"Ah, Specimen 54. You're next for dissecting." A scientists walked by and smiled. I shivered and my heart was racing. I hate this place. All us hybrids do. Enderdragon hybrids to pig hybrids. This was all banned long ago for hybrids to have their freedom, but these guys still experiment. 

"Specimen 53 is completed from testing, bring in 54." The speaker said. "Alright, you heard 'em. Guards!" They had two wolf hybrids that they forced to obey them. It's just terrible. Sad even.

"Come on 54!" One of the wolf hybrids shoved me out and putting a lead on me tightly. "Ack!" I choked trying to pull away and fight. "Ugh, this one is being stubborn today. Quicksand, help me out." The wolf hybrid said to the other.

"A'ight, Treebark. Come on 54, you stupid rabbit." Quicksand said. "I'll be in Laboratory 6. Tell me when you get this furball in." The scientist said. "Yes sir." Treebark nod.

I struggled even more and scratched. I hate dissecting so much, they keep you awake during the whole thing. Looking at your bone structure and such, it sickens me. "It's just a weak bunny rabbit hybrid! Just bite him, master won't mine."

Quicksand bit my arm which made me growl and hiss. I scratched him with my bunny claws which should be used for digging. Quicksand whimpered backing into another cage with a iron golem hybrid. The iron golem then choked him tightly.

"Quicksand!" Treebark let go of me and went to help Quicksand. I'm free. I can escape! I hop away on all four through the lab looking for an exit. I ran up some stairs and through a hall. A scientist saw me and grabbed the rope which I was still attached to.

"A runaway I see? Shouldn't the wolf hybrids be taking care of you?" The scientist said. I scratched his eye. He screamed holding his now bleeding eye. I hopped away, but I heard him say into his walkie-talkie, "Runaway rabbit hybrid! Send in wolves to cover ground!"

I panic and quicken my pace and rushing through whatever room and hall. I then come to a stop in a room with a window big enough for me. I was going to jump out when I heard growling. I turn. Wolf hybrids surrounded me.

"Been so long since we had an escapy, huh?" One sneered. "And dinner." One added. They gain closer. The only thing going through my head, 'Escape, run, escape! Window!'

"Today you'll starve again, and the name is Sam." I spoke and immediately jump out the window. Luckily I was one at the 1st floor. Glass cut me everywhere, but that doesn't matter. I just need to run away from this place for good. But those wolf hybrids were still on my tail.

"A real chase! We'll catch that bunny!" One was behind me. I heard one bark. I make a sharp turn into the woods. "He ran into the woods! Surround him the best you can!" One howled behind me. I see a tree that had low branches and was awfully tall.

I hop onto the first branch and then the second and continued all the way up. The wolf hybrids were awfully slow coming up the tree, they're meant for chasing, not climbing. I then hop to another tree. Thank these rabbit reflexes!

"Ugh, master will surely punish us if we do not catch him!" One growled. "You deserve it you freaks!" I yell laughing. Wow, I haven't laughed in an awful long time. Such pain in the place, I haven't felt happiness in quite a while.

"Just-" The wolf hybrid then got snapped by a bear trap. He howled painfully. "Oh no, we're on someone else's land. We have to go back if we don't want to get snapped by traps." One said. They nod and carried the injured one back. I stayed in the trees hopping around freely now knowing traps surround the area.

Well, now that I'm free. Where will I live and sleep? And eat? I hop to another tree. I was getting scratched by spiked vines as I went further. I then realize my wounds and bruises. Blood soaked my claws. Blood as well stained my pure white ears.

I limped as far as I could. I was loosing blood fast. From the bite, vines, needles. I fell to the ground, thankfully not landing on any traps. I rest on a tree focused on my breathing fearing for dear life.

My eyes began to close slowly. Before passing out, I heard a voice. "Hey, you okay? Bunny hybrid?" I blacked out then.