Chapter 2

My dog started barking at something outside. "Hold on." I turn down the T.V and look outside. I see a bunny hybrid, or rabbit. He looks badly injured. His ears are covered in blood.

I hurry outside quickly. "Hey, you okay? Bunny hybrid?" He's out like a light. He's bleeding terribly too. How did he get this way? Last time I checked, hybrids are allowed and by law no one could hurt or experiment on them.

I pick him up and carry him inside my house, watching out for my garden and farm. Once we were in I shut the door and placed him gently on the couch.

I got some potions and used it on him healing his wounds. His ears twitched a bit, so did his nose. I admit, he's kinda cute. Not in that way though!

His eyes flickered open. He then sat up quickly. "Woah, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you if that's what your thinking!" I quickly say.

"Y-you sure." He calmed a bit. "Promise, and who are you? And are you a bunny or a rabbit?" I ask squinting my eyes a bit.

"S-Sam, and rabbit... You?" He said quietly. "Taurtis, human. Oh, what happened to you? Why were you hurt? Who hurt you?" I start asking.

"Woah, woah. To many questions." He chuckled lightly. His voice sounds weird strangely. "Oh, sorry. But what did happen to you? Did you get beat up or something?" I ask.

"No. Scientist that have a lab somewhere hidden. I finally got the guts to escape though- dog!" He shot up and backed away when he saw my pet dog, Rudolph. (I just made this up. Idk if he has a dog. X3 But if he does have any other pets, comment down and tell me what they are and their names.)

"Relax, he doesn't bite. Unless you provoke him." I said. "S-so, h-he doesn't eat r-rabbit, right?" He stuttered.

"No, he does eat chicken though." I pet Rudolph. "Anyways, scientists? Experiments on hybrids were banned quite a while ago." I say.

"Doesn't seem like it. So many hybrids each day, dissected, beaten, forced to hurt others against their own will. Even starved... And... And..." He started to tear up.

"Oh! Er, don't cry! You're safe in my farm!" I hugged him. "S-sorry, I-it's just you know. Bad memories." He says.

"Okay, well. You like carrots and cabbage right?" I ask. "Y-yeah." He stutters. "I'll make you a carrot cake and just carrots! You can explore wherever too. Make yourself at home! Mi casa, su casa!" I say.

"Uh, thanks." He quietly said. "Alright, be back!" I hurried out to the kitchen. Rudolph followed me into the kitchen.

"Hmm, flour, carrots, cream, eggs, milk. I think I have all the ingredients." I say to Rudolph. He barked happily. "Should we call Rowan or Okami about the hybrid problem?" I ask Rudolph as he would answer.

He just barked plainly. "Hm, maybe I should later." I place the ingredients in a bowl and mix. I just put it in the furnace and later I have myself a carrot cake! I put it on a plate.

I grab a few carrots from the fridge and place them with the cake. Perfect! I bring it in and Sam is casually laying down on the couch watching out the window.

"I have the carrot cake and carrots!" I happily place it on the coffee table. "Th-thanks." He mutters. "You can also take a shower or whatever in the bathroom. We can also go to Seto, a sorcerer, to heal your wounds since he is the only one allowed to keep potions." I say.

He takes a bite of the carrot cake and his ears perk up and his eyes brighten. "This is great!" He takes another bite smiling. "Yeah, I practice cooking a lot." I say. Nah, just a cook book.

"So, I own a farm." I have no idea how to start a conversation. "Er... I can talk to other rabbits." He says. "Really? Cool! Now you can tell the other rabbits to stop eating my crops!" He chuckles.

"It's kind of weird. Most hybrids can't talk to their own species. I'm one of the rare ones that can." He explains. "How do you know all of this?" I ask.

"Oh, I hear the scientists talk about it. They wanted to examine my brain after they found that out." He shivered. "Any other cool features?" I ask curious.

"Um, rabbit reflexes, twitching nose that can smell pretty well, good hearing, a tail which I tuck between my legs, and claws used for digging and defense." He said.

"A tail? Aww!" I laugh. "Sh-shut up." He blushes. "You hide it between your legs? Gaw! It's to cute to handle!" I say. "And you can actually reach it under your legs?"

"Well, sorta. I can lie it flat down. It's pretty useful for balance too." He said. I hear my phone buzz. "Ugh, hold on." I answer it. "Y'ello!"

"Hey Taurtis! Want to join me and Yuki to the theatre?" I hear J ask. I glance at Sam. "Can I bring a friend?" I ask. "Sure! And we'll be seeing Finding Nemo if that's cool with you." J said.

"Cool! His name is Sam by the way. Pretty new to the place. Anyways, see ya later!" I hang up. "Hm, how long have you been in that, 'experiment lab'?" I ask.

"Since, I was 15. I'm 18 now. Scientists also kept track of my age for some odd reason." (Let's pretend, okie?) "Cool! I'm 19." I say. "You missed a lot for three years too." I laugh. "Really? What?"

"I'm kidding, not much has changed over time. Just the same old jump maps, servers, mini games and stuff." I boringly explain.

"Oh, hm." It was silent for a bit.

"So, let's get ya cleaned up I guess. Welcome to the Taurtis household!" I chuckle. He chuckles a bit too. "So, let's hurry before it's time for the movie!" I say. "To the bathroom!"

(A/N Alrighty! I finally got a new chapter done! I know it may be late at night, but I finally have time! So I updated it! ^.^ I hope ya'll enjoyed it as much as I did writing it! Bai Colored Nation!)