. . . felt regret?

"There is danger in loving somebody too much and it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust . . ." Arrix sing at the top of her lungs while her friends snickered behind her back. She's not the best singer in their group but they always asked her to sing.

Nasa isang karaoke silang magbabarkada. Sinusulit ang mga araw bago magsimula ulit ang panibagong semester ng nakakahilong college life.

"There's a reason why people don't stay where they are . . ." She faced her laughing friends and urged them to sing with her. They obliged.

"Baby, sometimes love is just ain't enough. . ." Sabay-sabay nilang kanta, goofy smiles in their faces.

"Woooh!" They all cheered.

Matapos ang kanta, naupo si Arrix habang may pumalit sa kanya na kasalukuyang binibirit ang isang sikat na kanta nila Nicki Minaj.

"Grabe, last mo na yun ah?" A silent smiling guy pinched her cheeks, teasing. She smiled and slapped his arm.

"Bakit? Ang ganda kaya ng boses ko! Sus."

He boyishly grinned and tapped her head. "Pasalamat ka, cute ka."

Her insides did a major backflip with the gesture. She don't know why and she still thinks that it's overrated but nevertheless, she enjoys the sudden rush of feelings along with it.

Nakakakiliti. Nakakapanginig. Nakakawindang. But at the end of the day, nakangiti siyang matutulog.

Kim Delos Santos.

Typical guy. Brushed up hairstyle. T-shirt and jeans paired with slippers. And an earring to finished the look.

Typical. Yet different.

Contradicting, right? Typical tapos different? Ganun daw talaga eh. Magulo pero kuntento.

"Bye guys! Makauwi sana kayo ng buo," Pagpapaalam ni Arrix sa mga kabarkada. Natawa ang mga ito.

It's eight in the evening at napagpasyahan na nilang umuwi dahil kanina pa silang 4:30 pm sa karaoke. Namamaos na ang ilan sa kanila dahil sa kakabirit, lalo na si Arrix na nakailang kanta pa dahil na rin sa request ng mga kaibigan.

"Ikaw ang sana maiuwi ng buo!" Rielle answered, grinning at the both of them. Naramdaman niya ang pag-init ng pisngi at ang biglaang pagbilis ng tibok ng puso niya.

Isang malakas na 'Ayiieeee' ang natanggap nila mula sa mga kaibigan. Sa sobrang lakas, napapatingin na yung ibang tao sa labas ng karaoke.

"Guys, tama na. Iuuwi ko na 'to, namumula na oh," Kim said while tapping her head. She can't look at him but she knows that he's smiling. Dammit. She hate being teased about such things. It's absurd!

"Sige, sige. Ingat!" Michael said while waving, everybody nodded. "Ingat ka kay R!"

And once again, before they parted ways, everybody laughed and teased the two of them. Napailing na lang siya.

R.

She can still remember how he got confused about her gender because of the name, that was hilarious and one priceless moment that never fails to bring a smile on her face. Plus, according to him, her name is a mouthful. Thus, the birth of her nickname - R.

"Ingat ka ah?" Arrix said, looking up at him.

Nag-salute ito at ngumiti. "Opo, Boss!"

Nasa harap na sila ng bahay nila Arrix. She smiled at his antics.

"Sige na, umuwi ka na. Gabi na oh," She said as she waved her hands. He childishly stood his ground and pouted his lips.

"Ayoko pa nga eh."