. . . lose faith?

Nagsimula nang tumunog ang kampana, tanda ng nalalapit na simula ng Simbang Gabi.

"Simbang Gabi na ulit, Alex," bulong ni Marco habang nakatingin sa kampanang tuloy pa rin sa pagtunog.

-

"Arco!"

Napalingon si Marco sa direksyon na pinanggalingan ng boses na tumatawag sa kanya ngunit wala naman doon ang taong hinahanap niya kaya nagpatuloy siya sa pag-ikot.

"Sorry po!" he mumble as he passed, bumped and stepped on somebody. Malapit na magsimula yung misa pero hindi pa sila nagkikita.

"Arco!"

Naiinis na rin siya sa dami ng tao na nasa labas ng simbahan. Bakit ngayon pa nila napiling pumunta lahat?

"ARCO!"

He snapped his head towards his right and there, a girl with jet black hair, waving her hands in the air. Finally, he thought.

A gentle smile slipped it's way to Marco's lips without him knowing.

He run towards her as she laughed because he almost tripped on someone.

"Tama bang tawanan ako?" he frowned when he reached her side.

She grinned cheekily. "So, let's define 'tama'."

He was about to answer her when the doors of the church made a creaking sound and slowly moved inwards-Misa De Gallo has officially started.

"It's really fascinating," she mumble, almost inaudible.

Marco looked at her as she watched the church's door opening, the light from the chandelier hanging in the middle of the church, slowly illuminating the place.

Slowly illuminating her face.

And he can't help but be fascinated, too. Fascinated with how the light brightens up her face, how her smile brightens up her surroundings and how her mere presence brightens up his world.

It's truly and undeniably fascinating.

Bigla itong humarap sa kanya at ngumiti, mistulang bata na may gustong ipabili sa araw ng Pasko. Umangkla ito sa braso niya at dahan-dahang hinila siya papasok ng simbahan.

"Lika na, dali! Baka mawalan tayo ng upuan."

She fumbled their way through the crowd and found an empty space near the choir.

Just then, the choir started singing a familiar song, welcoming the people attending the mass.

Ngayon ang unang araw ng Simbang Gabi. Tulad ng nakagawian, nagkita sila ni Alex sa tapat ng simbahan. Which is why he's too agitated earlier, he haven't seen her these past few days because of their hectic schedules. School is really a pain in the ass. And is afraid that they wouldn't be able to start the mass together.

In their nine years of friendship, naging tradisyon na nila na kumpletuhin ang Simbang Gabi. They're doing great with that kahit pa masikip ang sched nilang dalawa.

Well, if there's a will, most definitely, there's a way.

Except a year, when Alex catch a flu after the first mass. It took a lot of arguments, blackmails and blatant threats, courtesy of Alex, before Marco convinced her not to attend the next mass.

"Anong oras nga ulit pasok mo?" She asked with eyes half closed, naglalakad na sila pauwi dahil katatapos lang ng misa. "Ten o'clock pa sakin."

"Hmm, eight o'clock kaya hindi na ako makakatulog ulit," Marco answered with a yawn. She laughed and started hitting his arm.